Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Want to Remember This...

 
I want to remember...
Zippi at 2.5 years old saying a 15 word sentence to me yesterday that went like this...
 "I have to get that rainbow painting from Alayne because it was for my birthday".
Stass and I were a little surprised that so many words came out of her mouth in one little sentence!
Here she is with a butter moustache and beard! lol!
 
 
I want to remember...
Sulley taking Stassi and Zippi on separate dates this week (they so loved that!)
 
 
I want to remember...
A lovely time spent with Mell Mallin and Ella sharing our hearts about parenting and family life.
 
I want to remember...
The celebratory coupon dance that take place in our kitchen when a child earns their coupon and how everyone dances around like crazy singing, "Ethi gets a coup-on! Ethi gets a coup-on!"
 
I want to remember...
How challenging I have found this week. We decided to go back onto a low salicylate diet for a week to kind of almost re-set the kids' systems again to see if that helps. Liji is really displaying so many signs of ODD - OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT DISORDER. Once upon a time, I honestly thought that ODD was an excuse for poor parenting. Having been very intentional in our parenting journey, I know that it is not always that at all and often has to do with an imbalance in a child/adult's systems. 
Anyone who knows us well knows that 'labels' and 'diagnosis' are helpful if they open the door to helping us better understand our children and giving us information, tools and stratergies to help them. This is why we underwent a diagnosis for Elijah when he was diagnosed with Autism Disorder 4 years ago. Back then, we didn't know what we were dealing with. We were just trying to love him the best way we could and nothing we did felt like it was actually working. It felt like we were knocking on a door and no one was answering us each time we asked questions of professionals. Once we had the word 'autism' to look up, it helped us to find our way through and finally get the help we needed. Of course, Yah guided us by His Spirit the whole way. He showed us which therapy to do, when to start diets, when to stop, when to pick up a book and how to communicate with Liji in a way that helped him like we'd never seen before. I'm so thankful we had Yah's help through it all.
Now we haven't sought to get a diagnosis of ODD as yet since we have a really good tool up our sleeve that we know has taken away the symptoms before (the low salicylate diet). As much as I detest the diet myself, we know that it works and we are committed to doing it again for the short term (minus the high sugar content that the diet allows). We will do this for a short time in the hope of 'resetting' their systems as I said earlier and then we will gradually begin back on allowing more moderate vegetables and fruit back in and then the odd high salicylate food in too. Will keep you updated with how it goes. We are on Day 2 of going back to low salicylates and I tell you what, I see a HUGE difference in our Liji Boy today already! Things that were tipping him over the edge so quickly and easily are just not today! There have been no tears, compliance and he even proclaimed this morning, "I don't know what it is, but I feel really happy today and less angry!" Anything that helps us get our boy back like this is SO worth the effort.
I also want to remember that although some days are so challenging for him, that Liji always has a gentle loving heart to be with his little bro...
 
 
I want to remember...
Hanging out last week with our Jassy Wassy, chatting with Neen and prayer time with my precious Lori. Very thankful for amazing women who encourage my heart and my faith!
 
 
I want to remember...
 the kindness of Jono and Channi to feed us with this beautifully hearty warm soup when we popped into their town for a visit last week :) Their hospitality and love meant alot to us... 
 

I want to remember...
That this gorgeous bubba of ours rolled over from his back to his front for the first time on Sunday just gone. He's 3.5 months now and he's so sweet and smiley! The colic and silent reflux are both still there but manageable. I stopped giving him Zantac since he hated taking it SO much and he seems ok without it. Still using the tinctures (non-alcoholic) that Elisa kindly gave me of catnip and camomille to help with the colic. Want to make a batch up myself actually! I owe you an email Elisa!


I want to remember...
this yummy 'safe' version of sang choy bow I made last week and how much everyone loved it!


 
I want to remember...
Travelling 3 hours to get to Mitch's 21st to celebrate with him. I want to remember that it's one year exactlt today that his mum (Aunty Deb) passed away. It was a bitter sweet celebration for him and everyone there.
 

I want to remember...
How much Zippi LOVES playing charades after her shower especially (and how cute she is when she does all the actions!)
She does this...


{it's a movie}

{first word}

{"It's Moses Prince of Egypt in a blanket!"}

I want to remember...
When the song by Matthew Hoffman,'Yahweh Fill this Place' was playing this week, Ethi said, "Mum I'm so glad I can sing about Yah and say His Name to Him".
 
I want to remember...
Cuddles together after family time watching 'It's a Knockout!'
 

I want to remember...
The biggest zucchini we have grown so far!
Thank you Yah for such provision!


I want to remember...
Time together cutting out patterns for making our own beanbags to play with {especially for Zippi}


I want to remember...
How excited I am to be seeing Anth soon (all the way from Wales after not seeing each other for a year and a half! Can't wait!!!)

Well, there's more to post but not enough time to do it all now!
lol.
It can all wait.

More another time,

4 comments:

singing mama said...

What a gorgeous post Lusi, full of such great updates on you guys. Makes me want to give you all a big hug!
SO interested in Lijis diets and needs and how this affects him. So interesting. I have being needing to look into more things for Mira and Auri but am feeling so overwhelmed by all that's out there and just really praying Yah will show us whats right for our family! So glad you have found a diet that works well for you guys!! Hoping to catch up soon :) Luv Donna

lusi said...

Hi my friend!
I know that Yah will direct you and show you what is right for your family. After 3 days of going back to just low salicylates, I can see how much better Liji is feeling and responding to us all. It is wonderful to see! Am so thankful that this works for us even if just for the short term.
Looking forward to seeing you guys all again soon!
Much love x

Michelle said...

Just want you to know that I read each and every one of your posts and love each and every one! I've been on a blogging break of sorts and away from my computer much but I have been reading when I can and I LOVE your updates . . .but mostly I LOVE how much you love your family and how much you love LIFE! You are an inspiration. Yah bless you, Lusi!

lusi said...

Oh Michelle that was so lovely of you- thank you for your encouragement my friend! I do feel truly blessed to have the family I have and live the life we do even though we are all full of short comings and flaws!!! I'm so thankful to walk with Yah along this road and I continue to ask Him to change me from the inside out to be more like Yeshua! YOU always inspire me so we'll call it even lol!!!! Hope all is well your way and that you've enjoyed your time away from the computer- I've been doing less too and just trying to keep my blog updated. Anyway, love to you my friend all the way from here to you! X

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin