Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some of the Things I Will Remember that Happened During this Pregnancy...

* I thankfully celebrated 6 years being in remission from having ITP- IMMUNE THROMBOCYCTOPENIA PURPURA and also 6 years since having had a splenectomy.

* We enjoyed our first Shabbat fellowship gathering in our home...

* We celebrated Family Party Day 2011 by going Go-Karting at Eastern Creek...



* We farewelled and celebrated the life of Brett's Aunt which was cut way too short by cancer.

* We went to the beach...


* We started our 3rd year of our learning-at-home journey!


* We enjoyed swimming at the local pool...


* Stass celebrated her 9th birthday...


* The kids wanted to be signed up for golf which they did for a term...


* I got to hang out lots with our wonderful midwife and precious friend Hazel...



* I went on my first Torah Ladies Retreat and LOVED it!


* I ate some weird but mostly healthy pregnancy foods including pickled ginger, stuffed chilli and garlic olives (ahem not to mention chocolate, icecream and homemade biscuits!!! lol!)...


I went on the OUTSIDE of Centrepoint Tower in Sydney with my dad when I was 15 weeks pregnant doing the glass bottom walk!


* We got a family pass to see 4 Sydney attractions...
Centrepoint Tower...



Sydney Aquarium with my folks (and Sydney Wildlife World)...


...And Manly Underwater World which we visited with Brett's lovely parents and sis...


These were all great places to visit!


* During this pregnancy we also:
Had a crack at making our own paper...


...and helped my parents pack up the last of their family home of 30 + years...

...it was very emotional saying goodbye to this house that I grew up in...


* I made my own deoderant for the first time...



* My spunky hubby celebrated his 35th birthday...

* We had a 'tree-party' and the kids discussed ways they wished to be involved in the birth... 


* We found our new fave walking track...


* We set up the girls' new bunks... 


* After my beautiful parents stayed with us for quite some time, we said goodbye as they moved 7 hours away from here...sniff sniff...


* We narrowly escaped damage to the house in one of the worst local storms this area has seen for many years...


* We learnt about the ANZACS for the first time on ANZAC day...


* We farwelled a dear friend of ours before she embarked on a big journey south where she desires to serve God...

* I took the kids by myself to a playland as a treat after Brett had a heap of dental work done so he could sleep all day...


* I got my mandolin!!!


* We had 3 ultrasounds; one at 6, 12  and the other at 20 weeks where we found out we would be adding another prince to our arrows!  


* I made whey, cream cheese and sauerkraut for the first time thanks to my friend Channi's encouragement!



* We started getting clothes ready for our little one...


* We had some fab autumn leaf fights...


* I tried to get a little more organised with our Family Recipe Planner and our General Family Planner...

* I kissed my Grandma goodbye for the very last time before she passed away...



* My back gave me a fair bit of grief and so I became very thankful for:
1. My AWESOME chiropractor!
2. My walking cane
3. My back belt
By about week 35, the sciatic pain was beginning to shift and by week 37, was gone!
Praise Yah!



* We had a blast celebrating Yah's Set-Apart Feast Days of:
Passover & Unleavened Bread...



along with First Fruits...





and Pentecost. My parents were able to join us for all these feasts this year which was incredibly special for us and them...



* I made a couple of other things for the first time too including tangerine marmalade, a flourless chocolate cake, macaroons and green tomato chutney...


* We got to hang out at a our fave curry house in the middle of Sydney with my folks once or twice ;)

*Zip celebrated her 2nd birthday!

* And we all got excited about putting up bubby's cot next to our bed...

* I meditated on some beautifully encouraging scriptures during the pregnancy...


...and recorded an album...


...with my beautiful friends Heiko and Lori...


* I enjoyed some warm baths...


...and we enjoyed a little spattering of snow this winter...



* I got a little crafty...



...and we got in the Word together...



* I made my first batch of soap for the first time...



...and my first herbal tincture...



* I had a lovely Yah-focussed pre-baby celebration with some family and friends...

...and began getting our birthing carts ready!


* We enjoyed fresh produce from ours (and pop's) garden...

....and were very thankful to Kaz for getting us onto a local fruit and veg co-op which helped me continue to eat really well during the pregnancy!


* We enjoyed attending a Mission Aviation Day where the kids could sit inside real planes...


...and enjoyed visiting our lovely friends, the Vandor's, out in Cowra...




I was blessed to share this pregnancy with some beautiful friends...

pregnant and non-pregnant and felt very loved and supported by many; near and far!
{Thank you all!}

Stass continued to read up a storm!


* Liji continued to get creative in SO many different ways!


* Ethi made his first slice all by himself and did a DELISH job!


* And Miss Zip discovered her 3 fave things were:
1. Painting
2. Playdough
3. Threading dry pasta onto wire



* We tried to get into the garden as much as possible...


...and managed to knock off a couple of things from our family-brainstormed 'Winter Wonderful' list...


* I got our room ready for bubby to join us...

...which will be any day now!

And we spent HEAPS of time just hanging out together as a family...



These are some of the things I will remember that happened during this pregnancy :)



More to come another time.
Love,

19 comments:

Al Hannah said...

Gee Lusi, that post is beautiful, inspiring and brought a tear to my eye for the gratitude and love that you feel. All the very best with the impending birth of your newest little baby. Hope everything goes really smoothly for you! Al x

singing mama said...

Love this post Lusi! Wow so many great things you have done this pregnancy! So many special times. Really lovely!
Luv Donna

Elizabeth said...

You are amazing. I wouldnt get that much achieved in 2 years not being pregnant ;-)
God luck with your birth and thanks for sharing.

Peterson Party said...

I love, love, love this! I wish I would have documented more things that have happened for us during this pregnancy so I could do the same type of post in a few weeks! How are you feeling? Thinking about you every day :)

Traci said...

Hey Lusy, love the pics, just lovely. The one that touches me the most is the one of you kissing your grandma. Makes me think on my precious grandma and what an amazing gift they are. Abba is good.

Glad to see you're looking great and things are going good, yay!

Many blessings to you all lusi!

Nat said...

So so so many ou really do know how to pack things in!!

And... you recorded an album!!!! No way. I NEED and I mean NEED a copy please - how do I get one???

Love ya, Nat xx

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Wow chickie you document like nobody else I know!!!! I wish I was so organised as to record like you do. Best of luck with the birth. I know God will keep you all safe and protected during this special time for you all. Give kisses to your babies for me and a big hi to Brett. Miss you all and wish I were closer! Love, Lu

lusi said...

Thank you one and all for your lovely comments!

I store our photos in Picasa in monthly albums so all I did to create this post really was go back through the months I knew I was pregnant and select those photos. Pretty easy! I'm not that well organised really!!!

Lu, thanks for stopping by mate. How's your precious Indiana? Hope all is well for you guys!

Nat, the album isn't finished yet but will definitely let you know when it's ready mate!

Traci, thanks for your comment! Abba is good and I praise Him for a wonderful end to my grandma's life. Love to you!

Cara, all's well here thanks mate. Feeling good and excited! Hoping your pregnancy is coming along beautifully too!

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting :) You probably would do that much (I just happen to photograph everything obsessively so it looks like more! lol!) Thanks for your well wishes :)

Hi lovely Donna - very special times and feeling very blessed as I reflect back over this pregnancy. Was lovely to share it with you!

Hi Al! How are you lovely? Thanks for stopping by and for thinking of me. Hope you and yours are all well. Much love x

Rebecca Vavic said...

Lusi... you are a treasure, an inspiration to us all... and a wonderful earth Mumma. I love you babes. Bxo

lusi said...

Hi lovely Bek :-) sweet comments from you my sweet friend! Thanks for your encouragement :-)
Much love mate,
Lus x

rockmelon said...

Great post Lusi, baby is so near, be blessed as you birth! XX

lusi said...

Thanks so much Rochelle!!!
Love lus x

Sarndra said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post dear Lusi. Wow you and your family LIVE life to its fullest!! I am inspired to do more... Much love to you, beautiful girl.
Xoxoxoxoxxxxx

lusi said...

Oh beautiful Sarndra!!! Was thinking of you today and almost got around to emailing you lol...almost! Will try over the weekend. Hope all is well your way my friend!
Sending much love and thanks for your sweet comment,
Lus x

Heidi said...

Thinking of you today, Lusi. I hope the absence of posts in a few days means you are all tucked in bed holding your little man. Or will be soon. :)

Channi said...

beautiful post Lus...what a jam packed 9 months it has been!
Just wanted you to know that you are constantly in my thoughts, and I wish that I could see you more! Looking forward to meeting this new little man very soon :)

Peterson Party said...

Thinking about you :) How are you feeling?

Kaz said...

Wow, enjoyed the walk with you through your pregnancy. :) Your garden area has grown somewhat and Id be really keen to come and see it, as we hope to start our vegie garden soon and I need some inspiration and ideas. Let me know whens a good time (ha kind of funny questions when you are about to give birth any second).
Kaz xx

Michelle said...

This is a wonderful memorial. :) Love that most of this was familiar and that I got to be a part of your journey as it unfolded. :)

Hope you are holding your new blessing soon {if not already!}

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin