Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shavuot Reflections and a Great Post!

As most of my readers know, my family love celebrating the Biblical Feasts which Yah (God) gave graciously and lovingly to His people. He tells us in the Scriptures that He did this for many reasons. It is for the unity of His people, it is for their benefit so they know how to worship Him according to the ways that He had ordained, He did this so that He could reveal the coming of our Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). As grafted in believers of God, we too get to partake in all the celebrations and blessings that He had promised to His people. We are His people! And so it is very exciting to once again be able to dig into the Word, draw closer to Him, learn from Him and be led by His Spirit into a deeper relationship and revelation of Him! Praise Yehovah!

So far this year we have celebrated the Feasts of Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. This weekend coming is Shavuot (Pentecost as it is also known). It marks the 50 days or 7 weeks since the feast of First Fruits. This was one of the 3 times a year that believers would make pilgrimage to Jerusalem to worship Yah in the temple. They were holy convocations; set-apart times appointed  for gathering together. And during one of these years, exactly 50 days after He had risen from the dead, the Spirit of God was poured out on those men gathered to celebrate this feast that they had been celebrating for so long! You can read all about what happened that day in Acts Chapter 2.

I find that each year as we gear up to celebrate these set-apart feasts of Yehovah, I am needing to be refreshed in the Word in what it all means. This is so helpful because each year He shows us something new that we had never seen before.

This year, wth a very pregnant belly, an incredibly painful back and many things on my 'to-do-list' I was feeling a bit overwhelmed about what I should be doing. Drawing aside, taking time to pray, reading the Word and commit my way to Yah has once again given me the encouragement I needed.

I am VERY thankful to Pamela and Ben who wrote this GREAT POST ABOUT SHAVUOT (FEAST OF WEEKS/PENTECOST). It was VERY encouraging to me and really insightful. If you get a chance, please pop over and read it - I'm sure you'll be blessed!

Well, we always have more to learn from Yah and about Him and I am always really excited as we approach each feast. I'll share more on Shavuot another time.

With love,
Lus x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin