Monday, March 28, 2011

Saying Goodbye is Hard...

My beautiful parents have been living with us on and off for the past couple of months and it has been a truly wonderful experience. So much precious and special times spent together. They have helped out here with the house, enjoying time with the kids while they do their 'schooling', great times around the table, helping with the vegie garden, discussing and walking in Torah together and just all of us enjoying being together. They have left now and for the first time in my life, live more than an hour away from me. In fact now they live close to 7 hours away. And for us, being as close as we are, that is a tough realisation. But this is where they have dreamed of living for so long now and they know it is Yah's plan for them right now. So we are happy for them but naturally sad at the same time.

Our last meal together...


Cuddles...


More cuddles...

Last tea party...

Last book reading...


Last one with the kids...




Saying goodbye is hard...







We'll miss you guys.
The beginning of a new chapter that you both deserve so much.
 Love you always.

9 comments:

Enid said...

awww girl...now I am craying too! Just looking at your daughter! My parents live 18 hours drive from me so maybe I see them twice a year. So I truly understand!

Sumara said...

Hello to your darling parents! Always lovely to see them and hear about them. :)

Hope everything goes perfectly for them settling in down there.

Extra big cuddles for the kiddos missing their nana and pupu.

lusi said...

Thanks Enid...wow 18 hours away must be very hard for you. love to you Enid x

And Sumi will pass on your love. Mum often asks after you and always says to send her love (i just often forget to tell you! my bad!) love to you mate xo

caz1975 said...

gosh that brought tears to my eyes too, I would be lost if my parents moved a few hours away and my kids would miss them heaps too. Hope their move goes well and that you still get plenty of visits with them :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lusi, seeing that photo of Stassi crying, made me cry. Have you got skype set up and can your parents set it up ? Hugs xxx

Nadia xx

Sigalit Chana said...

It is indeed hard! My parent live 26 hours away, and that is driving straight through... it has been 3 years since we have seen them =( But it does make our time together that much sweeter =)

May YHWH bless them in their new chapter!

lusi said...

Thanks Carolyn :-)
Nadia- they are in the process of having it set up. Yay! Skypes great :-) thanks for your thoughts.
And Sigalit that is so far away but like you said it makes those times together more special. Love to you x

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your parents settling into their new location. My husbands family lives 13 hours drive away and we only see them twice a year. It's not so bad for me but my husband and our daugther miss them a bit.

Thank goodness for phone calls and emails to help keep in contact.

Take care of yourself and have a great week ahead. Love from Susan (smiles1965) xxoo

singing mama said...

Oh Lusi, that photo of Stassi made me cry!!! Goodbyes are never easy. I'm praying for you all as you adjust to this new chapter of living away from family. What a hard thing! !
Sending huge hugs to you!!!!!
Luv Donna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin