Thursday, March 17, 2011

Natural Remedies/Self Sufficiency Help?

Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a couple of self sufficiency/natural remedies/herbal health kind of books to have here to read through and learn more about mainting our family's health using more natural means and I was wondering if you could help me collate a list? Are there any books you would recommend? Please share!

So far on my list to get are:

How Can I be Prepared with Self-sufficiency and Survival Foods?
and

Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family
What other books have helped you in these areas? I'd love to have your help!
Thanks so much,
Love Lusi x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

not so much a book, but i adore grassroots magazine for this reason.

Mommy Set Free said...

FYI
Gladstar's book is wonderful! I have my eye on the other one you have listed here! :-) Please let me know what you think of it when you get it.
Much Love, p

Traci said...

One herbal book that I like quite a bit and have found useful(because it gives practical info on herbs, how to use, what to use, and what to use them for)is called "Be Your Own "Doctor" by Rachel Weaver M.H. She was a student of Dr. Christopher"s School of Natural Healing. It uses common herbs for common ailments. I find it quite useful.

Hope that is helpful

Traci:)

Tara said...

This blog has quite a bit of information, and probably some resources too.

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/

Andi said...

I haven't use either, but I love The Country Living Encyclopedia, and health books from the Seventh Day Adventists and Back to Basics...but they may be what your looking for.

Rose said...

See if you can get Culpepper at your library.

lusi said...

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions so far!
Pamela, I got the Gladstar book from your blog i think - lol! Will let you know what the other one is like - Christine highly recommended it!
Love Lus x

Dmarie said...

might see if your public library can get any suggestions on interlibrary loan...to "test drive" them so to speak before buying. I love "Landscaping with Fruit" and Mother Earth News magazine.

http://bettermebetterworld.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

One book I learnt a lot from is called Your Natural Health Makeover. It is written by Dr Lauri Aesoph.

I am more than happy to post my copy to you so you can save money and not have to buy your own copy. I know that some books can be expensive.

If you are interested just email me at j_s_macers@hotmail.com with your address and I can post it off to you this week, no problems.

Have a safe and happy week. From Susan McGuire (smiles1965) xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin