Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grrrrrrr!!!! And a prayer request!!!!

We have two computers. One we use all the time for all our photos and documents (laptop) and the other one we use for daily homeschooling and other tasks.

I haven't exported out our documents or photos from Picasa on the laptop over the past two years because I didn't know for a while how to do that. Then once i had found out how to do it, i put it off because it was such a HUGE job. Anyway, over the past month I've been slowly exporting out the pictures onto an external hard drive.

Well, now the laptop won't let me export out. It keeps crashing all the time, half the time won't boot up at all and ALL our photos and documents are still on it! I've managed to get it open twice this morning but then it has crashed on itself twice :(

I know this is my own doing but I have learnt my lesson and I am begging that you might pray with me that by some miracle and I get all our photos and documents off the laptop. A weird prayer request I know but please pray...I don't want to have lost all our photo-memories and all the homeschool documentation and things I've worked so hard on over the past 2 years.

Thanks :)

More another time,
Lus x

13 comments:

singing mama said...

Praying Lusi, what a frustrating pain!
Luv Donna

lusi said...

oh thanks mate! the worst part is that it could have all been avoided :( I'm hoping we might be able to take it to a computer technician this week to have a look at it. I just wish I had transferred them all over before this. Thanks so much for praying mate.
Love Lus x

miss~nance said...

Have prayed my dear friend.

Hugs & Blessings

Gail

Sumara said...

Computer people are usually able to retrieve that sort of thing fairly easily I think.

We're really terrible at backing up our photos as well. Must get on that!

Enid said...

I hope you get it fix like you wanted, I will pray too. I have two external with just pictures. ANd I need to do it again because of this new camara and file been so big. Sumara has a good point. My husband has a friend for 13 years who does his office computer and he fix mine too. It is hard to find good computer pople and trusty people.

Michelle said...

Lusi, have you considered uploading them all to Picasa web albums? I store all my photos online (I've had my computer fail and then a new hard drive 6 months later). I lost a lot, but it taught me not to cling to earthly things too much. Still, I was thankful for what I did have in my online album (what was on my blog).

Praying you will be able to save your photos!

Carmen said...

Lusi, another suggestion would be to keep your photos on a flash drive. prayed for you
blessings ~ Carmen

Karen L said...

Praying for you Lusi, that all will be retrieved.

Melanie B said...

Oh Lusi
praying that they can salvage it for you!! I did that last year so frustrating!!!

Mel xx

Mum-me said...

I know how frustrating and upsetting that can be. I'm lucky my husband is very technically-minded and can usually fix these kinds of problems for me. Praying you'll get your photos and documents back.

Stace said...

Lusi!! I am sad that people have to be rude!! So glad that you rise above it!! Dont feel that you have to EXPLAIN yourself either!! You blog because you LOVE IT and I love it that you blog!!! I do the same thing... If the kids do / say something I blog.. (not that i have blogged for a while... few things happening that i have been pre-occupied with) anyway... much love to you and keep on blogging!! People who judge and say harsh things - dont deserve to read your blog!!! xxx *HUGS*

Lou Spiden said...

Oh Lusi I would be devastated if I lost my photos so I really hope you get them back!!! :)
I learnt my lesson several years ago when a little girl I taught passed away from a stroke (aged 7). SHortly after, her parents laptop, storing all the photos, was stolen. They hadn't backed up or printed any of the photos :( I went out then and there and bought an external drive. I haven't backed up for awhile but will definately do it again NOW. Thanks for the reminder!

Lou

lusi said...

Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments!
Love Lusi x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin