Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stass's 9th Birthday Recap :)

So it was last week but I still wanted to include how we celebrated Stass' 9th birthday on my blog because I always write about their birthdays (so when this is one day a book - which I plan on making from my blogs - Stass won't be wondering why I didn't include her turning 9!)

Anyways, as usual, I digress.

Ok so in pictures here is what our big girl's day looked like...

I took Stass along with her two beautiful friends Bridget and Lily to a local cafe where they serve delicious, wholesome food...


While we were waiting Stass opened a pressie from Bridget which was a handmade bag! She also got some purple and pink (her colours!) tzit tzits (tassels) and a gorgeous apron from Lily. So sweet :)


We waited a while to be seated and during that time I made this set of tzit tzits (tassels) for my mum. She'd been wanting a pastel set. I made up the design for these and they are really super quick to make. Kids could make these! Will try and post a You tube video about them some time.


Anyway, digressing again! lol :)
Here are the girls seated and enjoying their smoothies...


and here is what I ordered....ahem, macadamia and apple crumble!


Gorgeous Lily...


Stass ripping into her blueberry pancakes...



And beautiful Bridget...



Opening pressies on her birthday morning...




Plenty of birthday cuddles and kisses...



And at her request...breakfast in bed!


On her actual birthday, our lovely friends the Vandors were staying in town and so they all came over for a lovely time together. It was Bill's birthday the next day so I made cupcakes for morning tea and we sang Happy Birthday to both Stass and Bill...




Heaps of fun play outside with the kiddos...






And such a lovely time for us to all catch up + chat + just enjoy hanging out together...



That night, not long after the Vandor's had left for home, we had a lovely dinner with Brett's mum and dad and sister and my mum and dad too...


On the birthday night, the birthday child always gets to choose what the meal will be...Stass chose pumpkin, potato and leek soup...


I made a Number 9 birthday cake for her (with blue - although it looks like green in these shots!- icing at her request!)



Opening up some of her gifts from her grandparents...
A scooter...


a great lego set...


'party animals' which she collects...


And the day after, we had our mother's group kiddos and families over for an afternoon playdate and some cupcakes...


It was a fun time (and slightly busy!) but lovely time all the same :)
More another time.
L x

6 comments:

Sarah Slaven said...

Happy Birthday Stasy
Looks like she had a wonderful few days there's so many beutiful smiles in thoses photos.

Christine said...

Yay! So great to have shared this special day with you all! I'm PRAYING HARD that it is His will that we live closer and can see more of each other!!!!!

love you all heaps,

Christine

caz1975 said...

Looks like your lovely girl was very celebrated just as she should be :-)

Bridget said...

Super glad we could come and see you guys again! Glad you had such a great day Stass :) You are becoming a beautiful young woman!

much love to you!

faelih said...

Hi Lusi! I should've posted yesterday, but alas I am very behind on the blogosphere! >8S. Happy birthday to your sweetie (she looks so happy!) and congratulations to you and yours! :). Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

miss~nance said...

Looks like a fabulous birthday.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message. I do vist yours quite often but don't alway sleave a message

Lotsa love, hugs & blessings

Gail

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin