Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Australia Day 2011

Is going to be a little different this year for us.

In the past, we've coloured in the Australian Flag, had a bbq lunch, put on some removable Australian flag tatoos and baked gingerbread in the shape of Australia (thanks to a cute little cookie cutter i got a while back).



This year I printed off a sheet from THIS WEBSITE and we will probably re-read about the Australian settlement which I normally read to them from the Australian Childcraft book's, 'Story of Australia' at some stage today.
It's going to be a casual one.
Thinking of others this Australia Day who have lost their loved ones and their belongings in the QLD floods recently.
Thinking of how blessed we are in this country and how free we are to love Yah (God).
Hanging out with the fam and going for a swim...perfect way to celebrate Australia Day i reckon :)
Happy Australia Day to you :)
Love Lus x


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Stace said...

Great Link!!! Thanks for sharing it Lusi!!! I am frustrated that I have no ink left to print any!!! grrr!!!
Will have to have a go at free hand!! eek!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Australia Day!!! xx (for some reason I thought you were living in America!! and I have NO IDEA why I thought that!?!?)
Have a great day, look forward to seeing some of the finished products of todays schooling!! :) xxxx

lusi said...

Lol Stace! That's so funny! Nup I'm aussie born and bred! hey I posted your pack on Monday so it should be arriving soon :-) yay!
Happy Australia day to you too!
Love Lusi x

Stace said...

haha!!! Aussie Aussie Aussie!!! :)

WOOHOO!! Thanks so much for that Lusi!! I look forward to recieving it!!! **I LOVE GETTING MAIL THAT ISNT BILLS!!!** :)
Enjoy your day!!! xxx

nettypike said...

Hi Lusi
I have a confession to make, I am a lurker. Yep, I like to read your blog occasionally and lurk in the background :) But it's time I fessed up and introduced myself. I'm from Adelaide and stayed with Jono and Christine a few months back and of course they told me lovely things about you!
I found your posts on autism very interesting. My son, who is now 23, has just been told he has Asperger's. I wish I was armed with more information when he was little and insisted on getting him tested. I had that gut feeling but never followed through on it. Of course now it all makes sense.
Trust you all have a lovely 2011 and enjoy whatever our wonderful Creator Father YHWH brings your way.
Shalom
Annette

Peterson Party said...

Fun! So glad you posted. I've been missing your blog :)
How's the organizing going? Any pictures to share from that?

lusi said...

Hi there Annette! Yes, Jono and Christine had told me you had gone and stayed with them - how lovely! And I'm so glad to *meet* you too :) Sorry to hear about your son...I know it is a difficult journey at times. I really pray that Yah will give you all the answers and tools you need to help him. Please drop by again and don't be shy! I love meeting new people :)
Lots of love to you!

And Cara, thanks so much :) I have posts coming about the organising i've been doing lately...it's really paying off (slowly!) I'll be posting them soon. Love to you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin