Saturday, October 17, 2009

Let's be praying...

for a dear friend of my friend Sarah. Little Finlay has been diagnosed with stage 4 Neuroblastoma. Not something I would want my children going through although i know that God's plans are so very different from our own.

We are also praying for a very special young woman and her family - Georgina Brooke's. I've mentioned Georgie here a couple of times before. She went to the Easter show a very happy healthy young girl and has not been the same since. I followed her journey on a blog that was being kept for some time in the public but for various (and understandable) reasons, Greg + Angie (Georgie's dad + mum) felt it time to make it private. I've been following along and again can not understand the hows or why's of it all. But their faith, perseverance, courage to hang onto Jesus through the hard times and share Him with others in the midst of it, has been completley inspirational and challenging to me and many I know. Please continue to lift up Georgie before our Father and pray for strength and encouragement for this amazing family too.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

7 comments:

Sarah Slaven said...

Thank you for praying for Finn

Anonymous said...

How's Georgie doing now Lusi?

lusi said...

Hi Anonymous :)

Georgie is at home these days with her family and as you can imagine it is a very tough road. She has had a few trips to hospital recently but as always, God is getting this family through it all.
Thanks again for praying everyone :)
L x

Scrapsister said...

I read a quote this week that said Cancer is a word not a sentence...I truly pray that prayer and believe it for this little one.

No worrie about the organisation list Lusi..anything of mine is yours ;)

Anonymous said...

That's great Lusi :)

So I'm guessing that she's "woken up" from her coma?

Love your blog :)

lusi said...

Hi again :)

As far as I understand Georgie has more wakeful periods these days but still requires around the clock care from her wonderful family and other carers. I won't say anymore than that at this stage since i know her family have made their blog private for several reasons and i wish to honour that too for them. Just thought it would be helpful to remind us all to keep up those prayers and i also know that before i was updated with the current blog, i too was really keen to know what had happened to this lovely princess and her family.
So...i hope that helps you to know how to pray for them.
Thanks for stopping by + for your encouraging comment too :)
God bless,
Lusi x

Anonymous said...

thanks for the little update lusi - it does help to know what to pray for :)

i was following their blog up until they made it private; they've been in my thoughts and prayers lately and I was wondering how they are doing now. I can't begin to imagine how tough it must be for her family - but God is good even through the tough times!

God bless you. xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin