Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grrrrr...

...to modern technology sometimes.

We just realised that since our hard drive crashed last week that we have more than likely lost Zippi's beautiful birth video.

So upsetting.

It really was the most beautiful thing.

It may not be but there is nothing on it at present so we're praying we will still be able to recover it somehow.

Thanks btw for all your prayers, texts and emails yesterday. You guys rock + I am thankful for our cyber friendships!

5 things I am thankful for today:

1. Forgiveness. Sitting in a heap on the floor with my kids; all of us taking turns at crying, asking for forgiveness and praying since we had upset each other. I wish these things didn't happen but I am glad that God's grace is with us, His forgiveness 'cleansing us from all unrighteousness'.
2. The fact that we did record the birth and that I did actually get to watch it + enjoy it, even if i may never watch it again
3. My chat with my beautiful Mon this morning :) Thanks mate!
4. Family fun day at the school + hanging out with families from the community there
5. Smiles :)

Love Lus x

6 comments:

Sumara said...

Oh no!

There are such things as software that can retrieve deleted stuff. I know nothing about it but a friend of ours (Justin) managed to get back all our photos when our hard drive went kaput. Do you know anyone who is brilliant with computers?

Good to see your blog back, love. It's nice to know you're okay and what you're getting up to. I hope today's a better day than yesterday.

*love*

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Lusi,
A computer technician would be able to recover all of your files - just make sure to take it to a reputable company.
HTH
Love and blessings,
Jillian
<><

Jasmine said...

Oh no :( I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago - without warning my poor old overloaded hard disk went kaput. Thankfully I'd backed up most of my photos, but not all - cos the computer guy couldn't retrieve any of it :(
I hope you can find someone who can retrieve it for you - especially the video.

Jas xx

Jodi said...

Oh No Lusi, We had the same thing happen to us. We looked into getting it fixed and it's going to cost about $1000! (So it's still sitting here at home... so sad... we had stored all our photos on it in case our computer crashed and it was the one that let us down). Hopefully your's is easier to repair then ours.

Been thinking of you guys after your last post. Praying that today is a better day. *Hugs*

Jo said...

I do hope you find the file - Jo

lusi said...

Thanks everyone. Brett has made some progress with it he thinks :)
(hopes!!!)

Jodi -sorry to hear that mate! Hope you get yours recovered - what a price tag though!!! :( hugs and love to you :)

Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin