Monday, August 3, 2009

Winner + Catching up with the Fosters + Browns...


Ah back in the day.
At college that is.

I was friends with some beautiful people.

We went through so much together.

Back in the day.

Every day for three years these guys were my closest friends. We laughed together [stupidly sometimes], cried together, prayed, worshipped, disagreed, acted [that was our degree], studied, played, read, camped out together....and so much more.
I still have some great (and some not so great but that's ok) memories of our years together.
Me, Sumi, Anth, Little Sar, Sar F, Marlin, Kirsty, Cathy B + Mel (& of course Karina!).
By the end of third year & our graduation, I think 8 of us were married. Sar F & Marlin married each other & then moved to America where Mar is originally from. We got to catch up today after not having seen each other for about 8 years or so. And Sumi & Noel & two of their gorgeous munchkins came too :) We had a really nice time together at the park picnicing. It was a short notice kind of thing otherwise I would have liked to have invited the other girlies but maybe next time :)
Thanks Fosters & Browns for a lovely time hanging out together & watching the kids all play.
Safe travels back to the States guys.
5 things I am thankful for today:
1. Great friends + memories from college days
2. My sewing machine
3. Deep joy
4. This scripture which I love because it so simply tells that God is my Shepherd: "You are My flock, the flock of My pasture; you are men and I am your God, says the Lord God" Ezekiel 35:31
5. Brett's heart to serve our family + help me where he can :) It blesses me so much.
Oh + the winner of the little giveaway is.... NEEK! Thanks to everyone who played along + shared what they are thankful for right now!
Now Neek, my email is not working properly but I can view emails I just can't return them. The other thing you could do is PM your address through SOF so I can just reply there. Whichever way is fine! I'll try and send it off to you this week sometime.
Love + blessings,
Lus x

3 comments:

Neek said...

*squeal*!!! Oh how very cool!! THANK Lusi! Will pop over to SoF and pm you there! :) :) xx Hugs xx

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Congratulations NEEK!
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Chrissy said...

Fabulous catching up with old dear friends hey... :) Congrats too Neek, you sound so happy it makes me smile. What a sweetie you are for doing that Lus.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin