Friday, June 26, 2009

In no particular order...

Here are the things we've been up to plus all the stuff I want to say and things we need to remember....

Firstly I want to say HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY (just for the record of the blog since we've already spoken!) to my beautiful best friend Anthea :) Here's a tribute to you matey! Love you lots and lots and so wished we could have been there with you!


Thanks so much Aunty Dee for the gorgeous arm warmers you sent in the mail today! Will try and call later but you are so sweet honey and I LOVE them!


Here's a yummy new dish I made tonight...a low salicylate potato bake with leek, chives and lactose free cream :) It was really delicious! As I type this tonight, we are all sitting watching a little master class in the Masterchef kitchen whilst eating some of the yummy chocolate cake Stassi made tonight while I was cooking dinner (with the help of daddy :) )


I had the pleasure of hanging out with my mate Donna and her two beautiful girls today. We had such a lovely time and we all really enjoyed it :)


Lil really loved holding Zipporah and was so sweet with her...


This morning Zippi was sitting in the highchair and Liji brought her his Woody toy and the Toy Story blanket and made her all cosy - so sweet :) She's still teething and was pretty unsettled today although she is having a more settled night. Poor little darling - so heartbreaking when she wouldn't even take the breast for long without screaming from the pain...


Yesterday was the day that Aunty Anth was getting her ears pierced for the first time as a gift for turning 30. We decided to let Stass get hers done too (i also got mine done when I was 7). Actually we asked her if she wanted to get them done earlier in the year but she was a little scared. Aunty Anth getting hers done was all the encouragement she needed...


Before:


During (loved that Rob did them at the same time!) She is just bracing herself for it before the hole is made:


After (with some tears in her eyes which only lasted briefly):


And tonight here she is with not even the slightest twinge of pain (praise God for that!):


One of the main reasons I haven't blogged recently is that I've had 2 gorgeous girls staying with us. They have been gone for a couple of days now and the house doesn't seem quite the same without them! We had the most wonderfully relaxed and blessed time together. Thank you to my special friends at SOF who prayed that the nasty vomitting bug we had would go away - God answered our prayers! Nat wanted to come and meet Zippi (and Brett and the kids too!) and got her ticket as part of her birthday present - how spesh! We met online through blogging about 3 years ago when there were only 5 kids between us and now there are 7! Love you Nat...

Nat and I always have a photo at the airport as soon we get to see each other so here's this years one...


Here's her darling Lani...


After picking up Nat and Lani from the airport, we jetted off to my fave spot on the harbour to enjoy some homemade wraps and some Sydney scenery...



While we picniced...
the kids played in a nearby *cave*...


And after more chill time we thought we drove the two hours home. The kids all did really well considering it was a long day of driving (4 hour round trip for my kids). And so worth it to see Natti!


The rest of the trip was filled with banana splits and hot chocolates...


hanging out in cafes...



making nappies (YES - Nat taught me how to make my very first Modern Cloth Nappy- MCN- and I am really happy with it!)

And here it is with the lay in booster...
And Nat just for you - here is our little princess parading around in it! Thanks again honey for teaching me - can't wait to make more when my order arrives :)
Lots more cuddles filled the weekend ...
along with Nat and I being able to worship together in my church, pray together and encourage one another which was very special. She even babysat the kids so Brett and I could still go to our marriage course night and when I came home she'd reset the whole house! What a treasure she is - just wish we lived closer! Just makes me appreciate the times we do get together same as when I get to hang with Anth. My two besties who live far away! Here we are dropping the girls off at the airport after a very memorable stay. Love you Nat :) And happy birthday to Lani for tomorrow!!!


Some shots from our lives this past week...
this teeny tiny teapot that I got for $1.50 from the op shop - so sweet!
A new cover for our Family Planner when I was having a little creative mood last week...
My new wooden word 'eternity' which I got from a little store on our way back from Ikea this week. It is freestanding and what a perfect word for our house! It's a great reminder that we are to be about God's eternal business :)
A before shot of the back wall in our family/dining room...
And after I added the frames I painted black which were a mix from Ikea and some we had already. They have a mix of black & white + colour + yummy patterned papers I love. They are pics of our families and special moments from our lives + some verses we are learning as a family too...
A baked pumpkin risotto I cooked during the week which I made to look like a volcano + they loved it...
In other randomness, some shots of our little cutie just because I can...
Our little bear cub...And asleep in her cot warm and snuggly under the beautiful handmade blanket made by my friend Bek (which is GORGEOUS by the way Bek!)...
And maybe some photos of the rest of the peeps in our little fam...

Check out my cute monkeys making fabric patterns on canvasses last week...
Just needing a coat of gesso...
And with their lego creations...
5 things I am thankful for today:
1. Time with mates - Brad and Nomes bringing around a scrumptious red curry last night for the adults and getting to chat together
2. Snuggles with our kids
3. Isaiah 49 especially verses 15 + 16
4. Homeschooling :)
5. Finally getting a date for the heating to be fixed!
Love to you and yours,


6 comments:

ffordd y drindod said...

Really great photos Lus. Thanks so much for the chat the other night - I'm still so awed by skype, and grateful for the time we could have (on a school morning too!) Ears pierced: all brave :)

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Lusi,
Would you care to share the low salicylate potato bake? It looks great!
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Mel said...

Love to hear all your news & catch up without catching up !!
See you soon
Love to all of your precious ones
xxx

Diane said...

What a great family update.
I am re-interested in the leek and potato bake, seeing as you mentioned lactose-free cream. What brand is it and where do you get it from?

Kaz said...

Wow you have been a busy girl. How Zippi is growing. Love the earrings Stassi - cool :)

Nat said...

Missing you and your gorgeous family honey!! Thanks for the update with piccies, been dying to see some - EMAIL ME some pretty please, or send me a CD!!

Stassi - your earrings look great sweetie, you are so brave!!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! MISS YOU SO MUCH!!

P.S. I. updated. my. blog. WOW much?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin