Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Living in the moment...

As I began to write this post yesterday afternoon, I had 3 kids crying because they had been disciplined by their daddy since they had disobeyed his instructions.

Ah, living in the moment.

Living in the moment to me is all about reflecting, consciously observing, noting and savouring the REAL here and now stuff. Sometimes it's good. Amazing and breathtaking even. Other times, not so good. Hard, heartbreaking and distressing sometimes. But like I said, it is REAL here and now stuff; living in the moment.

I'm really aware that sometime in the not too distant future, there will come a time when one or all of my children may want to go and live interstate. I don't want to be the kind of mum that looks back then and wishes with regret that she had really soaked up every moment with my kids. I don't want to wish these days away just because there is a lot of work, or a lack of sleep or that it can simply be tough. Of course, the reality is that like I said earlier, life and parenting is tough...you do get sleep deprived and there is indisputably ALOT of work involved. But that is also part of the joy; knowing that I have been entrusted with God's children and knowing that I am loved by them is an incredible privillege. And even more than that for me, being able to point them to God's love, to teach them the ways of our Lord, to introduce them to Jesus as their best friend for life's temporary and eternal journeys - man that is a role that I really feel blessed to be given and I don't want to wish that away either.

So, in keeping with all that, here are some of the *moments* from the past couple of days...

We took the kids to our fave cafe on Monday to celebrate a couple of things;

1) Brett going back to work on Tuesday and that he had had a wonderful 4 weeks off with us
2) Our first term of homeschool was complete
3) Zippi had arrived

4) Stassi had completed her first Math-U-See program

5) Liji was beginning his first Math-U-See program

6) Ethi's writing was coming along really well

We told the kids the above as we sat there and we hope they get a genuine sense that they are loved and cherished as they grow....




During the day (when she's not in the Ergo), I love seeing our baby in the cot that we imagined her in before she arrived and now I look at her and marvel at that exact space being empty just 4 short weeks ago...



What a treasure wrapped up in the blanket I made her when she was still tucked snuggly away in my tummy...




Am grateful for orchids sent by my mum and dad....


2 baskets of washing needing to be put away. I know there will come a time one day in the future when there will be just mine and Brett's washing to fold and I know that I will think back to the time when our kids were all at home and there was an endless amount of little jumpsuits, trackpants, fluffy pajamas and stained outdoor clothes to sort and fold. So for now I am thankful that I have the opportunity to have this lying around our home and that it will get done some time (lol!)...

My other beautiful sis being here (from interstate) to meet Zippi for the first time, to hang out together, eat way too much chocolate with me, to sit and chat about life, love and the Lord. You have no idea how special these times are to me - I miss my sisters so much and treasure the times we get together...

Freshly picked lavendar for the bathroom...

Liji beginning the THERAPUTIC LISTENING PROGRAM which we hope will help more with the processing and self regulation issues that we've been working on with him. We feel God has led us to this for a purpose and we are excited to see what unfolds through this...



Liji set up a *shop* outside...


Here's a close up[ of the sign he made...



The kids had worked on a cubby outdoors...


And the worm 'Kylie' that apparently lived under this fern...


The washing up that needed to be done which makes me appreciate that we live in a busy home with an open door...


The lovely bath caddy from Jayne (hope you are well Jayne if you are reading this and that your dad is well!) and the metal bucket filled with wooden pegs...


5 things I am thankful for today:
1. Casting Crowns music
2. My lovely sis being here helping and making porridge for brekky for us
3. The 'Magnificent 7' movie about a family with 4 Autistic children, starring Helena Bonham Carter that i was able to watch while feeding the other night. I empathised and it was told in a beautiful way.
4. Fresh clean water
5. My fabulous doctor who is like an absolute angel to us. We love her :)
Love and blessings,


7 comments:

Chrissy said...

A happy busy house full of love is what brings us the most joy it's so true. It brings tiredness and sometimes strain but JOY overides it all for those who have open eyes and hearts... I truly believe that.

God bless you Miss Lusi!
Chrissy x

Anonymous said...

What a busy household you have, full of joy and life. I love magnificent 7 as well, I empathised with her, especially when the kids wrecked the house but also learnt from her, just to accept what is.
Anthea

jodie said...

I couldn't have said it better myself...love how you put the thoughts of so many of us mums into words.Love your photos of the everyday xxJodie

Rebecca Vavic said...

Totally agree.
Hugs and Love
Bxo

Deb said...

you are so inspiring. Love the way you explain just how it is so perfectly but make me stop and think about things too! Hope the Listening program goes well for Liji. That movie was awesome - so related to it and sure put my life with 1 child with ASD in perspective. Check out this website - www.rdiconnect.com It's an awesome program that you work on with your child. We have been doing it for over 6 months and are noticing big changes in the self-regulation of our gorgeous girl

lusi said...

Thanks for dropping by everyone and for your comments.
Deb, thanks for sharing about your daughter - God bless you in your journey with her! We have looked at RDI a couple of times now and like what we see, just hasn't been the right time for our family i think. Thanks for reminding me about it again though.
Love Lusi x

Deb said...

Hi Lusi, I totally understand what you are saying about it not being the right time for your family. You are amazing in what you do already but just thought if you hadn't seen anything about RDI it was worth mentioning. Email me if you ever wnat to chat jovialnz@hotmail.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin