Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jesus in the Passover

There's a great article and collection of other people's thoughts about seeing Jesus in the Passover, which I found HERE ON SUSAN'S BLOG. I post it here because not long ago, all I thought about the Passover was that it was a Jewish custom that meant something to the Jews when God commanded them to obey it before the great Exodus from Egypt. But after reading through the Bible itself (esp in Exodus, Isaiah) and articles like this one I share the link to, I now see God pointing to Jesus, our Passover Lamb (1 Cor 5:7) who set us free from the slavery of sin and led us out of our own Egypt.
Anyway, just thought i'd share it in case someone else is interested :)
Love Lus x

3 comments:

Christine said...

Good on you, Lus! As Jesus said "Do this in rememberance of Me." Makes you wonder where communion came from,then,doesn't it?

Love,

Christine

elliottsmum said...

Our sermon on Sunday was on that exact topic and although I think I had the knowledge on some level I think hearing it laid out as it was really made me thing about it and gave me a deeper understanding of the passover and its significance. Also, a fresh way to praise my Saviour. He became the sacrificial lamb and set 'me' free. Praise Him!

Chrissy said...

Thankyou for sharing Miss Lusi!

I've had a smile on my face the whole time I read your post about the hospital stay and what you will bring with you. It's all so precious love.

You're in my thoughts and heart atm honey! God bless you babe...
Chrissy x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin