Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Feeding and Scales!

I had the loveliest chat tonight with an AUSTRALIAN BREASTFEEDING ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE and it has made me very happy! I am feeling excited about being able to feed our little one soon-to-be-here after attempts in the past that have been marred by illness, exhaustion and tube feeding among other things. I'm really determined to not let fear rule any part of my life and this is one area that I've been fearful about in the past. Anyway, I am VERY excited about giving feeding a go with *fresh* eyes (and attitude)!

And tonight I *won* these scales on EBAY - brand new, digital scales for bubby for $12.62! Yay! I really wanted some scales so I can cut down on yet another trip out with the munchkins during the day to the baby clinic for weighing. The less over-stimulation for Liji at the moment, the better he (and all of us!) are! One less trip means more happy home time :) When daddy is home on his RDO bubby and I might venture up to the clinic for a chat with the kind community nurse if we need to but otherwise, weighing can now be done in the comfort of our own place!







Very excited about this little addition to our set up!

5 things I am thankful for today:

1. Psalm 46 which has been running round and round in my mind and heart over the last few days - in the middle of the night too. Love that :)

2. Safety during Brett's semi final tonight

3. The great scales!

4. Spending 2.5 hours outside with worship music and the kids painting canvasses today

5. That the bushfire nearby was contained :) and that Brett offered to come to mother's group with me today to help me with the kids. Love you chop -thanks so much my mate!

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life"

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how fantastic about the scales... great price too.

All the best with the bfeeding lusi. Will pray for you that it is an awesome experience this time round. This is one area that I have been VERY blessed in, and am so thankful for.

singing mama said...

Oh Lusi , thats great news that you were able to talk to someone who could encourage you in your desire to breastfeed.
Breastfeeding is awesome but it is also hard work. I have heaps of info and other things, so if you have any questions , dont be afraid to ask them, no matter how silly they may seem.

Sometimes our past experiances can leave us fearful of the future, but remember that is not God's plan, as perfect love drives out fear.

I know God will be with you and whether it works out this time or not, He wont leave you.

Love to you!

Luv Donna

Sumara said...

I'm so glad you spoke to someone about the breastfeeding! And that you're feeling better about it. Yay!

And speaking of which - remember, when you're using those scales, that the weight charts in the books are still the ones based on formula-fed babies, and that it is normal for breastfed babies to gain weight differently. As long as she's healthy and gaining *something*, she's fine. So don't go obsessively comparing Bubba Girl to those charts, okay? Not that you would ever obsess about anything.... ahem...

Anyway. I shall also come and lounge around on your floor breastfeeding Charlie, to inspire you! And bring you food, and do your housework, and stuff.

So exciting! See you soon little bubba girl!

lusi said...

lol thanks mate :)
actually with ethi i went and got him weighed like once in total. totally not obsessed with the weighing thing but it's just nice to not have to go out in case i do want to weigh her every now and again (lol!)
sooooooo looking forward to seeing you breastfeeding charlie on the floor inspiring me and cheering me on!
thanks mate for the support :)
love you right back!
Lus x

Cherie said...

Hi Lusi,
Oh my I can't believe you only have a few weeks to go until you meet your princess.
Im so glad you got to chat to someone who can help you see things with fresh eyes. I really hope it all goes well for you, I feel so blessed that I to was able to breastfeed all my children for the first 12 months of their lives, the connection you feel with you baby when you feed them is magial.
I agree with Sumara about the charts being for formula-fed babies, don't rely on them to much, you will know if your baby is healthy and happy.
Take care
Love to all
Cherie xx

NikJustNik said...

Lusi..good move on your part going to the ABA...those woman are amazing...I breastfeed my daughter for 2.5yrs through some very bad physical and mental illness...if I did not have the support of those woman I dont think I would have lasted 2 weeks...

I considered becoming a consultant myself but found I was too easily irritated by the excuses some had for quitting...

I will be praying for you to enjoy this experience this time...it is such a special time for you and bub!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin