Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So much to share part 6! Answered prayers and fellowship!

Last week, the lovely Sumi sent me an email to let me know about a homeschooling gathering up here which i hadn't heard about. I felt to go but I get nervous about meeting new people sometimes. I prayed before I left that the Lord would have me meet the right people and as I've really been craving Christian sister fellowship, I prayed that I would also meet another believer.

When I got there, not many people even looked up to say hi which was ok because they were all in their own conversations and things but it was totally different to how I'd felt when i arrived last week at Sharon's blessing with the other homeschooling group.

The kids and I sat down and began eating lunch and not long after, another mum arrived and asked if this was the homeschooling group and i replied that it was! She was so friendly and sat down with her two beautiful girls. We began chatting and I realised that this was *the* Donna who my beautiful friend Christina had been telling me about!!!! She had also just begun homeschooling this year! I had met with Christina just the day before and she had again mentioned Donna and I said, 'I should pop by her blog again!' but didn't get to it that night. Christina kindly gave us so much clothing for our little princess too and we are so thankful for that mate! Love you!

Anyway, back to Donna - so as she began sharing a bit of her story, I realised who she was and got very excited!!! Our girls went off and had a lovley play together and we sat and chatted (with another lovely sister too) and we all realised that we had sent up the same prayer that morning to the Lord and that He had answered it beautifully by allowing our paths to cross! Thanks Lord that you know our deepest hearts desires :)And can't wait to spend more time with you and your family Donna as we both enter this new chapter in our lives mate!

Thanks to you too Sumi - without you sending that email through, I may never have met Donna! Love you Sum :)

On Saturday, I went to my friend Bianca's house - she was having a Stamping Up party and it was the first one I had attended. The demonstrator was Merryl who was a very talented and kind lady! Lovely to meet you Merryl :) and thanks Bianca too!

We had a lovely roast dinner that night that Brett cooked while I was gone, with our pastors and mates, Ian and Helen and their daughter. It was such a beautiful evening.

The next day after church, we had the Colmans come for lunch with their 4 beautiful kids and we had such a wonderful time that they stayed for over 5 hours!!!! They had only been gone for about a half hour when the Mcphail's called in and we ended up all enjoying dinner together which was again another beautiful time.

We feel like the Lord is bringing new friends into our life at this time and both Brett and I were very encouraged over the past week at the joy in the encouraging fellowship that we have experienced.

Some verses that encourage me about fellowship:


"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it" - Hebrews 13:2

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin" - 1 John 1:7

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching" - Hebrews 10: 25

1 comment:

singing mama said...

Hey beautiful Lusi,
I am so glad we met too! It was def God ordained and I hope we can get together soon and get to know more of each others hearts!!! And our children too.
Love Donna :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin