Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get Real People...

So I thought I would compile a little list of those of us playing along with the Get Real thing...

Donna's Blog
Kerryn's Blog
Karen's Blog
Renee's Blog
Ro's Blog
Ali's Blog
Sarz's Blog
Gail's Blog
Kjirsten's Blog
Ali W's Blog
Amy's Blog
Katie's Blog
Megan's Blog
Sal's Blog
Clair's Blog
Anthea's Blog

Please let me know on this post right here if you are joining in so I can include you on the list as well (of course i don't have to if you don't want to be!) but i found it really refreshing reading what these ladies had written in their attempt to shed the skin of 'everything in my life is completely perfect' and made me smile and even laugh out loud as they left behind the veneer of any need to present the glossy bits. Ah, its so nice to know we are not alone in our struggles and in our joys of course too :)

Please feel free to grab the html code button >>>>> and join in!
Let's get real people :)
Love Lus x

PS: Oh and by the way, for those who are worried that this is all about self-loathing, down-in-the-mouthing, rest assured its not about that. It is about being humble, its about just taking down the walls and connecting with others rather than alienating each other in a false sense of always-having-it-together. I hope that makes sense :) And feel free to add 5 things you are thankful for at the end of it too to kind of balance it out :)

AND BY THE WAY,
I REALLY lost a portion of a back tooth today.
What is that about? It snapped off when my tongue touched it. That has never happened to me before. So tomorrow at some stage i need to visit the dentist i think! eeeeek!

9 comments:

Kjirsten said...

consider me joined xox
http://kjirstenhartwell.blogspot.com/

Sarz said...

okay I did it... I got REAL. ;-)

Chrissy said...

Yep add me too babe! Haven't updated my blog in weeks so will do this today.

Love to you. XX

miss~nance said...

Yep - its not pretty but the real me is on my blog.

Gail

Gail said...

Ya got me blogging! thx.

Ali said...

i've jumped on the bandwagon lusi - thanks for the proverbial 'kick up the backside' to stop thinking everything will be perfect! xx

Amy said...

me too lusi
www.bellsinthecountry.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Ouch about your tooth Lusi. You poor thing, I REALLY hate dentists. I hope they make it feel all better.
Hugs

Jane Ettia Jones said...

please add me too lusi this is just what i needed thank you so much for putting this out there

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin