Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pictures of Stuff.... :)

Daddy hanging out this gorgeous shirt ready for bubby - so sweet :)...

Ethi nestled into the doll's high chair reading...




Stass all dolled up ready to go out with her special friend on her birthday...



Here they are enjoying milkshakes and cupcakes...



and we have decided once a year (on their birthdays) that the kids can come off the diet for one little thing like this cupcake and milkshake...



Stass got some fantastic books for her birthday, a bike from us (which she has now learnt to ride without training wheels - so proud of her today for not giving up!) and she got this beautiful big black photo frame for her room from nanny poppy and sulley...



and she also got this wonderful brand new keyboard which she just happens to be learning at the moment too! She got it from my mum and dad...


And here she is getting ready to blow out the candles. I just LOVE watching my kids faces as they gaze into the candlelight just before they blow them out. I LOVE it to the point that it makes me tear up everytime. Look at that smile. It's priceless and it comes once a year. And i LOVE it :)It's a tradition my dad started a number of years ago...each of the kids plays the harmonica with dad while everyone sings 'happy birthday!'... I lOVE little family traditions like that too...



And I always love the actual moment they 'blow out' the candles...

I found these huge glass jars on the side of the road recently for the council chuck out and washed them up and recycled them as gift for my mother's group friends. With a polka dot pink and white ribbon around the top and a letter inside, I gave these to the girls as vases for the year ahead. Just a little something to brighten their day...
Here are the safe oat cookies i baked last night with safe chocolate icing...

And thanks to Natti's recipe, here are the safe cupcakes I made as Stassi's Mothers Group cake this year. Finally have worked out the whole icing issue - yay!

And a little closer up... Our kids can only have the marshmallow topped ones but there is a darling in our group who has nut-trace allergies and she can have the Dollar brand hundreds and thousands...
And tonight's dinner was something new to try - baked pumpkin risotto and it was really yummy so that's going to be a regular vegie meal here for sure!!! :)


5 things I am thankful to the Lord for today:
1. Mother's Group friends being here to celebrate with us today
2. My mother in law showing me how to use my little sewing machine as an overlocker
3. The new risotto dish
4. Getting to speak with the fabulous new Occupational Therapist and the fact that she comes to us and works with the whole family! Thank you Lord!
5. Your forgiveness and unfailing love Lord :)

Lus x

4 comments:

Al said...

Hey Lusi,

Wow what a great post! Your little girl Stass looks just gorgeous in her pretty party dress, and didn't she get some awesome gifts for her birthday.

Those cupcakes look pretty darn good too. I bought myself the same cupcake holder for my birthday - for my boys to give me LOL.

Would you mind sharing your pumpkin risotto recipe please? It looks so mouth watering, I'd love to try it.

Take care, be well ... much love ... Al x

Michelle B said...

Oh Lus, how pretty is Stass in her party dress, it's just gorgeous!

And we love that pumpkin risotto too, it's so good and my fussy eaters even eat it!!

Cass said...

Hahaha... I just looked at the "I Love Daddy" top in the picture and thought 'Cool! I bought one of those for Annie and I know Dale loved seeing her wear it. Hope Brett gets as much joy when his little princess is wearing it." And then I remembered where yours came from! LOL My brain is tired this morning!

Brigitte G. said...

Wowww Lus, all those pics are amaaazing !!!
and love love love the one with Stass sipping her milk shake in Sepia, gorgeous !!!
Well done girl !! (looks like Bete M. has been a good photog. teacher huh ? :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin