ETA: If you are playing along this week and you don't mind me linking to you, then please leave a comment on this post right here :) Ta!
Acutally before I post my Get Real Baby Stuff for this week, I wanted to give 2 quick shout-outs of love: HAPPY 7TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY to my darling Anthea and her Andrew :) Sending our love to you both and fondly remembering your wonderful day 7 years ago! And also a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our friend Noely Kanoly :) Hope your day was spesh mate! Love to Noel Sum and to you and the girls of course too!!!
I'm so stoked to see so many people joining in this challenge. I just want to give the friendly and loving reminder that its not about getting people down, or defeated or negative; it's just simply about being REAL. I'm just going to repaste something i wrote about last week concerning this whole exercise...
It is about being humble, its about just taking down the walls and connecting with others rather than alienating each other in a false sense of always-having-it-together. I hope that makes sense :) And feel free to add 5 things you are thankful for at the end of it too to kind of balance it out :)
If you have no idea about what I'm talking about then maybe you might want to read my original post from last week which you can get to: HERE. And remember, you can always finish off with posting 5 things you are thankful to God for right now too :)
So here are some REAL things about my life right now:
* REALLY, I can not BELIEVE we finally got the dreaded walk in robe cleaned out. It was putrid. It still has a ways to go but it is so much better than it was and I can't believe how happy it has made me that is has finally some sense of order to it.
* REALLY, I was way too grumpy at the boys today despite one of them biting the other and the other child apparently kicking the biter in the stomach.....what is with that? Shamefully, though i yelled too much. And when they wake up from their nap, I REALLY need to apologise.
* REALLY, I stopped drinking decaf coffee a while ago and then had two this week and they have made me feel like rubbish.
* REALLY, I love reading that I am not alone in the plight to want to be real before God; warts and all, to let the masquerade be torn down, to stand before Him knowing that there is nothing I can hide from Him anyway. And just by pretending that I can hide it from others (even when I'm not conciously doing that) doesn't mean He doesn't see me for who I am. And yet He loves me and shapes me and transforms me....He is truly amazing. REALLY.
* REALLY, I ate way too much junk this week for a pregnant woman; like 6 mini hot cross buns and a block of chocolate over 3 days. That is so wrong on so many levels. I REALLY want to be more self disciplined with that. I REALLY should be. I REALLY NEED to be.
* REALLY, I want to do the whole cloth nappy MCN thing but still don't know if i can REALLY be bothered and if it is worth the effort. I'm sure many of my readers can tell me it is (and i know it is) but whether or not I take the plunge is another issue. Hmmm...
* REALY, I would love to not have to do the low salicylate diet thing so I can serve up big bowlfuls of spaghetti bolognese, cook yummy cheesy lasagnes and just have a garden salad to serve up with cucumber, tomato and salad dressing all over it. I know the benefits outweigh the lack of tomatoes and other foods but I REALLY would love to smell those things cooking in my house again.
10 things I am thankful for today:
1. Sharon coming by today to encourage me and pray with me :) Was so lovely!
2. Fun stuff to do indoors during rainy days
3. "My" pregnancy/labour verse: Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the Lord God of all mankind. Is there anything too difficult for me?" NO! Nothing is too difficult for you Lord!
4. Brett's RDO's :)
5. Clothes horses for drying clothes on said rainy days :)
6. God's beautiful forgiveness when I muck it all up
7. Stassi learning to tell the time with such enthusiasm!
8. Liji drawing a beautiful depiction of Mr McGregor's Veggie garden after reading 'The Tale of Benjamin Bunny'
10. French toast as a low salicylate/dairy free option for liji when everyone else is having toasted cheese sandwhiches.
Love and blessings,