So I kind of stumbled across a recipe for caramel popcorn and then tweaked it. This is a once-in-a-while-kind of treat!
Thought I'd share it here.
Make yourself some popcorn and put it all into a big bowl. We airpop ours in an airpopper that we got about 10 years ago and STILL love and use all the time. They cost about $15 from KMart or similar.
Once you have your popcorn (about a cups worth) then in a saucepan on the stove, you want to cook up the following on high heat:
5 tablespoons of nuttelex (or butter or marg)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon water
Once that is mixed together well, take it off the heat and add a half teaspoon (or even less) of bicarb soda. Stir well and constantly for about a minute or so.
Pour over your pre-popped pocorn and mix through well.
Let it sit for a couple of minutes so you don't burn your tongue or pop it all onto a tray (with baking paper) and put it into the freezer and you'll get cooled candied caramel popcorn.
Whether you like it warm or cool, I still reckon you'll love this recipe!
Let me know if you make it, ok?
Lus x
2 comments:
ooh sounds super yum!! Will have to try it, thanks hun!! Maybe for Lani's party as one of her friends is dairy intolerant :)
Thanks Lusi!!! :) I have everything I need to make this except for the popping corns!! haha!!
Will definately add this to my shopping list!!
Hope you are all well by the way, I had another 'break' - unintentional this time... "Life" just was too busy... Back now and enjoying catching up on your blog!!! LOVING the home reno's too!!
Cant wait to see more!! xxx
Post a Comment