Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Shared Bedroom Ready for Baby #5

We are so ready for this little bubba to join our fam!
In the last couple of weeks, we've put up the cot and gotten our bedroom ready since he will be sleeping in here with us :)
I like having the cot right next to my side of the bed which means I can easily feed him and then pop him back into bed (or have him fall back asleep with us which will probably happen most of the time).
We haven't always been a co-sleeping family but we've really felt this is the right thing for our family.
Anyway, here's our bedroom with the cot now in it!


You can see that our bedroom is a place for us, our bubba's sleeping area, his changetable area and my sewing desk! Let's just call it an eclectic space! lol!


His little tetra bed all ready...


The changetable area is completed now...




...with the final touches of the verse book hanging, a family photo and the gorgeous sock-with-verses-and-letters-mobile that the beautiful Jas made me for my pre-birth celebration...



Under the cot I have those funky storage boxes that I used for Zippi's clothes when she was a bubba.
I really like these because they are deep enough so store alot but they are also short enough to tuck away nicely under the cot.
They are divided into 3 different sizes of little man's clothing: 000,00 and 0-1


And finally this is the photo collage above the cot.
The 'z' letter collage I made for Zippi when she was little but I decided to keep it in here since it kind of also symbolises 'zzzzzzz's' for lots of sleep! She has some other special little photos and things in her big girl room so that worked out well.
The main photo frame has a series of photos of just me & my Brett and then there's some of the whole family too.


Well, that's pretty much the tour :)

Now all we need is....


for this little precious person inside to come out and play ;)
But of course....all in the perfect timing of Yah - not a second too late and not a minute too soon!
More another time.
Much love,

11 comments:

singing mama said...

So exciting!! Little E will be here soon and your family will become a different kind of normal. What a lovely little space for bubba E you have created :)
Luv Donna

lusi said...

Yay!!!! Thanks lovely Donna :-)
Love Lus x

Andi said...

Lusi,
You are a wiz at home decorating...someday when you are ready for sharing...maybe you can share with us how you decorate your home and the cost factor...like decorating with no budget! Anyway I love taking tours of your home!

lusi said...

Hi beautiful Andi!
I really love doing our home up on a budget! I mean sometimes the budget is zero and other times there might be a little extra to spend but it's never a huge amount. So i have to be inventive ;)

Here are some of the things I love to do:

1. Honestly, we have been given so many things over the years by so many loving friends and family. We thank Yah for this! We've been given things ranging from baskets and cots to our learning room table and the girls' white bedroom furniture setting. I love re-purposing these items! If we'd had to buy all the things we'd been given over the years, we would have had to spend a small fortune (or just gone without!) So it is no small thing for me to acknowledge the generosity of others and the blessing of Yah first and foremost.

2. We have a council chuck-out here once a year. Basically, you put onto the curb anything that you no longer want. I have sourced quite a few things (including the beautiful bookcase that Brett painted white for me in our loungeroom) for free!

3. I am thrift-shop girl. I just LOVE going into (what we call an op-shop) and seeing something that has already been owned by someone else and giving it a new life and home with us.

4. If I buy brand new (like the cushions on our bed in this post) I wait until they are on sale. Two of the cushions on my bed were $3 each, one was 50cents and another was $5 all bought at different times actually for different rooms!

5. I try and reuse what we already have here at home before buying something brand new. For instance, in this post, the baskets in the changetable were ones I already had except one (which i bought for $1 from the second-hand store). I had purchased these baskets a while back from Ikea and they were housing other items in the house. I then shuffled those areas around as I wanted these square cane baskets for bubba's clothing.

6. I make alot of things myself. I used to be heavily involved in the Australian scrapbooking industry and was fortunate to have been given alot of product over the years. I've saved that and now use that to decorate places in our home. The frame wall that we have behind our large dining table (which by the way was one of the only big things we've bought new over the years since we saw it as a long lasting family investment!)was made up of a whole lot of raw wooden frames that Brett and I had collected over the years even from before we were married. I painted them all black and then either printed off images from Google Images or put scrapbooking papers or photos inside each one. I think this wall looks great but it was really cheap to create!

7. Sometimes there are things that I buy that are more expensive but I always check that I can't first buy it at a thrift store, on ebay or on sale. Then Brett and I discuss whether or not it is something we can justify spending money on. We evaluate if it will really be worth the money - like for instance the rocking chair. We wanted one on gliders because I've used one like that before and it was SUPER comfy. We sourced this one through ebay but it was $70 which was more than I would like to spend. We discussed whether or not I would get use out of it and decided that I would as I really had wanted a comfy spot for breastfeeding Zippi. When I kind of 'outgrew' the look of it this pregnancy, instead of getting rid of it, I made new cushion covers (which cost me about $5 for the material) and then just sprayed it white with paint we already had in the garage.

So I guess all in all we try to be thankful for the provision Father gives us, try to buy second hand, reuse what we already have and really evaluate if it will be family investment to buy something if we get it brand new.

Hope that helps in some way Andi!
With so much love,
Lus x

kathy said...

Your room looks great! So exciting that your baby will be here any time now! How early do you normally go?

lusi said...

Thanks Kathy - we are both getting close to meeting our little ones now aren't we!
I've delivered before at 34.5 weeks, 40, 39 and 41+ weeks. How about you? Sorry I missed your celebration on the weekend - hope it was wonderful!
Love Lus x

rockmelon said...

Looks lovely Lusi, looks like a very welcoming place for your bub. Not long now! xx

lusi said...

Thanks Rochelle! Was thinking of you this past weekend!
Hope you are well :-)
Much love,
Lus x

Nat said...

It looks perfect!!!

lusi said...

Ta matey :)
Love ya x

kathy said...

Lusi I delivered at 37.5, 40, 41, 40.5, 41.3 and 41.1 weeks so thinking I will probably go over lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin