Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our Shabbat Bushwalk

                                               Yesterday we had a lovely Shabbat morning.
We went on a bushwalk at the end of our street...



which we discovered last year leads to this cool (dirty!) waterhole...


There was lovely sunshine...



and a whole lot of log throwing...


collecting and foraging...


more log throwing...


rock skimming...


log dragging...


and did I mention there was log throwing? lol!


There was also rock collecting...


and frog catching...




It was a lovely morning out (close to home in case we needed to race back if i went into labour! lol)
as a family - just what we needed.
One of the kids said yesterday, "I'm so glad we have Shabbat to rest and hang out together!"
Amen.
Me too.

Hazel popped over in the afternoon since I'd had a shocker of a night (the night before waking up from very strong contractions) and was feeling some very intense low pressure.
After an examination, Hazel said all was fine! Yay! Thank you Yehovah!
It's funny because my last birth was roughly 35 mins from start to finish after having about 6 contractions around a similiar intensity that I've been having lately. So it's hard to know if any of these contractions will turn from the kind that are getting my body ready to deliver to the actual contractions that deliver the baby! lol!
But I know Yah will show me what to do when the right time comes.
I'm trying to stay as close to home as possible at the moment and just be as ready as we can from here.
Thanks Hazel for coming, you are the best!

Well, more to come another time.
Love,

8 comments:

Enid said...

Shalom sweetie...glad you have this time!! Praying for you!!

singing mama said...

Oh I so understand having regular intense contractions and wondering if it's proper labour or not. Praying for peace for you as you wait for your little mans birth to unfold!
Luv Donna

Andi said...

Wow Lusi....that is a very quick labor! May YHVH protect and guide you! Much Love!

lusi said...

Thanks Enid! Hope you had a lovely Shabbat with your family :-)

Thanks Donna! It is hard knowing sometimes hey even after 4 pregnancies! I know though that they are all different. I've been praying for clear signs so I'll know for sure that labour is beginning. It's all in Yahs hands :-) Thanks for your prayers mate!

Thanks Andi for your kind prayerful wishes for the birth. I'm trusting Abba with it all. Hope you guys are doing well!

Love lus x

Peterson Party said...

Wow - 35 minutes of labor! Where do I sign up for that?? lol
Looks like a lovely Sabbath spent together as a family :)

lusi said...

Hi Cara - I get a bit nervous actually saying that to people because I am fully aware that most people don't have labours that short. I always marvel when I hear women saying they were in early stages of labour and went shopping or baked a cake or something like that. Hazel, my beautiful midwife and I both think I probably have pre-labour for some time but don't really recognise it (it's probably what I've been having for the past 2-3 weeks) but then when it's time to have the baby, it seems to happen very quickly for some reason. I'm hoping this time it will be long enough to fill the pool and enjoy the labour with all the things we've planned BUT if not, Yah knows what is best hey!
Love to you my friend,
Lus x

Peterson Party said...

I have another friend whose longest labor was an hour and a half (she has three kids). That just amazes me! I was in labor 12 hours for Arin (she was posterior, cord wrapped around her neck and she was HUGE) and six hours for Ella. I've never had labor on my own (induced for both the girls) so I am anxious to see how it'll be this go round.

lusi said...

Hoping and praying this labour comes just the way Yah desires it for you Cara. Trusting that He knows what is best for us is all part of this wonderful journey of life, motherhood and faith hey!
Love Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin