Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Book of Encouraging Verses for this Pregnancy

During my last couple of pregnancies, I have been mindful of special verses of Scripture that have stood out to me and mean something a little extra special during that 9 month set-apart period of time.

These verses are the ones that I generally meditate on during labour.

They seem to go round and round in my head and really help me to focus on the Word and amazing character of Yah rather than on the pain in front of me.

It really helps to encourage my heart and so I write them down in a special book that I make which later then becomes a kind of a keepsake from that pregnancy.

The one I made this time will hang up near baby 'E's changetable on a special hook so I made it in similar colours.

Stassi and Brett will (hopefully) read some of these verses aloud to me during my labour - I'm really looking forward to them being able to do this, hearing these verses proclaimed in our home as we journey this together!



Here is the front cover.

The verse is:

"May the Master of peace Himself, give you peace at all times and in every way"
which is from 2 Thessalonians 3:16



Then it's Deuteronomy 33:26-29.

This is one of the chunks that I have put to song and will have playing as I worship my Creator during this birth.

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun
who rides on the heavens to help you
and on the clouds in His majesty.
The Eternal God is your refuge
and underneath are the Everlasting Arms.
Blessed are you, O Israel, who is like you?
A people saved by Yehovah,
He is your Shield and Helper"

And on the opposite page is Psalm 143:6-12

I have also put music to these verses and will have this play during birthing too
(thanks to Heiko and Lori who recorded these for me!)

"I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly oh Yah, my spirit fails.

Do not hide your face from me,
or I will be like one who goes down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me Word
of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul"...



On the left hand side of the page below, this psalm continues on the tags...

"...rescue me from my enemies
Oh Yay I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God
May your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For your name's sake,
Oh Yah preserve my life;
In your righteousness bring me out of trouble".

On the right hand side there are two more passages of Scripture.
The first is from Romans 15:5 & 6

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a
spirit of unity among yourselves
as you follow Yeshua Mashiach (Jesus Christ)
so that with one heart and mouth
you may glorify the God and Father of our Master Yeshua".

And the second is from Romans 15:13

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him
so that you may overflow with
hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".


A little close up from this page...

The next page contains the entirety of Psalm 84 which has been very special to me the whole way through this pregnancy. It just keeps coming up in different ways and I keep being reminded of it.
I really love GREG SILVERMAN'S version of this song which he calls 'How Lovely'. This is one of the special songs I will (hopefully) have playing during the birth (I say 'hopefully' alot in regards to my plans for birthing because even though I have desires for it to go a certain way, only Yah knows what will happen! So that's why I don't say 'this is what I am having'. I rest in the knowledge that He is in control!)

Anyway, this is Psalm 84:

"How lovely is your dwelling place, Oh El Shaddai!
My soul years, even faints for the courts of Yah,
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home and the swallow a nest for herself
where she may have her young -
a place near your altar Oh El Sahddai My King, and my God.
Blessed are those who dewell in your house, they are ever praising you.
Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs;
the Autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, 'till each appears before Yah in Zion.
Hear my prayer, oh El Shaddai, listen to me Oh God of Jacob!
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For Yah is a sun and shield,
He bestows favour and honour,
no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
Oh Yah Almighty blessed is the man who trusts in you".

The other side of the page has two more passages:

Joshua 23:14

"You know with all your heart and soul that
not one of all the good promises Yehovah your Elohim
(the LORD your God) have you has ever failed.
Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed".

What a mighty reminder and declaration that one is!!!

And the other on the right hand side of this double page is from

Psalm 89:1

"I will sing of Yah's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations".

This is a real reflection of what I want my whole life to be about...a reminder of my life's mission statement in a sense!




And the last two pages have:

Psalm 128
(which was our wedding Psalm and continues to have great meaning and soul-strengthening-encouragement to me!)

"Blessed are all those who fear Yehovah, who walk in His ways.
You will eat the fruit of your labour,
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine planted within your home;
your sons like wild olive shoots around your table.
Thus is the man blessed who fears Yah.
May Yah bless you from Zion all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
and may you live to see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel".

And finally Isaiah 43:1-3

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name,
you are ine.
When you pass through the waters I will be with you
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am Yehovah your Elohim,
the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour".


And one last close up to finish up!
Well more to come another time.
With love,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin