Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things I am thankful for about this pregnancy...

Things I am thankful for about this pregnancy... (and don't want to forget down the track!)...

Still being able to wear Zippi in the Ergo when necessary.
Here we are last night at 30.5 weeks pregnant.
She fell over and was upset while I was cooking dinner so it was nice to still be able to pop her on my back and carry on hands free for a bit...
(We are also hoping to get THIS CARRIER CALLED THE 'CLOSE CARRIER' for when little bubba 'E; arrives. The latter is modelled off a hug-a-bub but has a few differences which really suit us. Anyway, will see!


Brett running me baths to relax in...



Being able to, at times (sciatica permitting!), go walking at our fave local track with all the fam...


And when my back hasn't been so crash hot, the pregnancy back belt, walking cane and a fabulous chiropractor are all things I've been VERY thankful for this pregnancy...



Every now and then having some fresh flowers on the bench to look at (i'm a visual person and love colour!)...


Some great literature (not that I ever really read through a whole book from cover to cover!!!) to read including:

* The No Cry Sleep Solution
* Homebirth by Nicky Wesson
* His Hallowed Name Revealed Again
* Helping Your Baby to Sleep
and one that I am keen to flick through that Hazel kindly leant me today called
'Wise Woman - Herbal for the Childbearing Year'


Enjoying hearty home cooked meals around the table together like this one that Brett cooked tonight while I finished off my appointment with THE LOVELY HAZEL (MY MIDWIFE), who I am very thankful for! This dish is called Chole Chaat and is a dish full of chic peas, onion, fresh corriander, garam masala and cumin...




Preparing our whole family by enjoying reading 'Hello Baby'...


Heaps and heaps of snuggles; my tummy is constantly bathed in kisses, cuddles and gentle 'high-5's' from the boys!!! The love, support and encouragement I get daily from my beautiful Brett and our munchkins gives me so much encouragement even on my most difficult days...



Times to create stuff...



And of course, Yah and His presence. At times, when life is tough and there are challenges piling up, it is easy to think we walk alone. But we know, from many many times in our family's past and from reading the precious Word, that God is walking with us every step of the way. He is holding us up. He is touching our hearts and encouraging us to look beyond the circumstance and see Him in His glory and faithfulness. That doesn't mean we find it easy. We don't and there have been recently and continue to be hard times.
But we know He is with us through it all. No matter what.

This is part of one of the verses I have been given by Him for this labour...
"The Eternal God is your refuge,
And underneath are the Everlasting arms"...
from Deuteronomy 33.

There are lots of other things I am thankful for too of course, but these are the ones that were on my heart to record tonight.
More another time,
Love

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome list, Lusi. (:

findingquality said...

I wish I remembered to write things down about my pregnancy. I think about it and then I always end up falling asleep before I can record it in my journal.

artymama said...

Lovely to see your growing baby belly Lus. Praying this birth will be empowering and wonderful. xo

lusi said...

Thanks Michelle :-)

Hello findingquality! Thanks for dropping by. It is hard to find the time to record and document isn't it. Stay well!

Hi Ab! Thank you for your pregnancy wishes and prayers. So thoughtful :-) hope all is progressing well with the move. love to you all xox

kathy said...

Looks like you are having a beautiful pregnancy! What special memories these will make :)

Sarndra said...

Hi Lus!
Lovely photos, so nice to record what you are thankful for in this pregnancy. I have been keeping a journal but haven't thought to write what I'm thankful for in it! Will do. I hope your back is OK- so great that the belt and chrio help you. Love to u and your family Xoxxx

lusi said...

Thanks Kathy :-) hope yours is going well too!

Hi sweet Sarndra! Thanks for your lovely comment :-) I think it's lovely to remind ourselves of what things we have in our lives to be thankful for. I am thankful for you! I owe you that email but I know there's no pressure.
Much love,
Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin