Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh. My. Goodness.

I am actually posting again! lol :)

Hey, thanks everyone so much for your prayers! Brett was able to fix the computer problem himself this weekend (he is the best!) and so all our photos have been saved and our documents, etc. Wow! Praise Yah! What a relief!!! I am so thankful and don't worry... I will totally be backing up OFTEN!!!!

Anyway, I feel like I want to say a big 'welcome back!' to blogging with photos once again! lol!!!


Here's some of what we've been up to (in pictures!) lately. I've touched on some of these things in previous posts but hadn't included the snaps but now I can so yay! I'll probably be posting about some of these things in more detail (like the lovely Torah Ladies weekend that I've just been on -organised by the fabulous Donna! - and our aquarium and Sydney visits etc but for now, here are some snap shots!)

Love these kind of every-day-moments and I never want to forget what the kids look like climbing up into their daddy's lap with a book for some reading and cuddles...


The beetroot and tomatoes were the first harvest from my kind in-laws' garden who asked the kids to come around and take their pick! So sweet :) We cooked up the fresh beetroot one night and it was so delicious! The rest is from our little place here...


A couple of days later the kids had their first harvest of carrots for this year...


This was taken four weeks ago now...


and so was the ultrasound...


I had previously mentioned attending a Mission Aviation Fellowship Family Day where the kiddos got to sit in the planes and since we are doing an ebook on Amelia Earhart, we thought it would fit in well to go and see planes up close and personal...


Flying High of another kind...



How gorgeous are these little canvasses? Bargain too....3 for $10 from TYPO when we were in the city last...



Some fun science stuff...


some feathered friends dropped by...


i've had time to reorganise the pantry (K-Mart had preserving glass jars for $1 each!!!!) I like glass jars so I can see how much I have left of everything before I run out! Less wastage too because you can actually see behind things! Taking some time to wash + fill + label jars was actually enjoyable (well for me anyway!)


We all said goodbye to my childhood home...



Shabbat (sabbath) Days...




Last year we took the kids to Sydney Wildlife World + if you upgraded your tickets for just a little extra, you could visit Manly Aquarium...


and Sydney Aquarium...


and also Sydney Tower (aka Centrepoint Tower)...



which happens to be 300+ metres high.
While we were there, Dad + I decided to do the Sky Walk (where you are attatched by cable and walk around the outside of the tower on a partially glass-bottomed path!) Getting ready to go...



Other things...
Making the deoderant I mentioned before...
I've been using it for 2 weeks now and don't think I'll ever go back to buying it again!
This recipe is fabulous (Thanks Amy)!!!


Some photos just speak for themselves...





Picking the first of our apple cucumbers...



Learning how to cut the boys' hair (don't look too closely but overall I think they look good!)







And this last photo was taken today as we were parting ways after having a WONDERFUL Torah ladies retreat. It was just fantastic and so soul-refreshing!!!! More photos to come another time on this one :)

__________________________________________________________

While this was just a catch-up post on what's been happening in our little microcosm lately, I don't want to forget what's happening around the world...

Japan's earthquake + tsunami this month, New Zealand's earthquake last month, Queensland's earthquake + inland tsunami in January...
so much is happening all around us and I grieve for those families who have lost loved ones + their homes.

Mourn with those who mourn...

__________________________________________________________

Before I go, I noticed that there are a couple of new followers to my blog and just wanted to say "Hi!" and "Welcome!"

Well, may we all draw closer to Yah (God) during days like these, calling on His name (Yehovah) and returning to His ways (Torah) as He told us to.

Love to you and more to come,


15 comments:

Andi said...

I love it...the header, the photo's and the memories! ;0)

faelih said...

Such beautiful pictures. Nice to see an update from you. :).

Michelle said...

Beautiful pics, Lusi! Really, very... delightful. =)

lusi said...

Thanks lovely friends :-)
Love to you all x

Karen Day said...

oh my goodess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lusi i havent visited here in AGES and today i come and find out you are PREGNANT!!!!!!

huuuuuge congrats :D :D :D

wow how exciting! God has truely blessed your family!!!! five little creations.

amazing.

all the best with this pregnancy :D



Karen Day

Enid said...

awwwee gir... I am so glad you are back up and running
I love how all the lettering in the pictures...how you do that...? Love the post, the haircuts, ahh gardening!!!

hugs to the belly lol!

lusi said...

Hi Karen!!!
How funny mate, I was only searching to see if you had a blog again about a fortnight ago!
Thanks so much for your congrats - we do feel very blessed. Hope you guys are all doing really well!
Much love,
Lus x

Hi Enid!
Thanks for your lovely comment :) I use a font called Scriptina to write on my photos. Hope that helps! Love Lusi x

caz1975 said...

So glad you were able to save all your stuff!!!! Some lovely family times in there :-)

Traci said...

It looks beautiful here! Nice job, I love it:)

Blessings,

Sarah Slaven said...

Nice to SEE you again I've been missing your family's smiling faces.

Anonymous said...

So much happening in your life Lusi. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Would love your cajun chicken rice recipe (when you have the time).

Congrats on this pregnancy. All the best and I love reading your blog..

Nadia xx

Anonymous said...

A great job you have done on the boys hair cuts. I remember when I was younger my mum would cut my hair (and siblings too). It saved her so much money.

I hope your getting some time to rest and take care of yourself. Keeping you in my thoughts. Have a great week :)

From Susan McGuire (smiles1965) xxoo

PS: I have been wanting to ask you for ages now, do you still do any scrapbooking or your too busy these days?

lusi said...

Hi all,
Thanks for your comments!

Nadia, will try and get that recipe posted very soon for you :)

And Susan, thanks for stopping by. I don't get much time to scrapbook anymore but I do still use my supplies to make cards and other little projects like a couple of mini books etc. When I do get a chance to do that sort of thing I do enjoy it but find that my life is much more full now with other things. Hope you are well Susan!
Love Lusi x

Anonymous said...

hey lusi!

sorry for the late reply, kept meaning to come back, but then something would always distract me :)

yeah no blog! havent scrapped in a year and a half hey. just lost the love for it. ive been sewing like a mad woman, got my own little homemade line here in moranbah which is going relaly well. my kids love it and now basically only wear homemade stuff.

between that business, studying for my photography diploma, and being the queen of this household (teehee!) i am flat out! still on facebook, but no blog :)

im lovin all ur recent posts! just got caught up on everything :D

keep well and take it easy!!!!


xxx Karen

lusi said...

Your own handmade line? How exciting! You always made beautiful clothing Karen! Do you have a website? I understand the loss of the love of scrapping - same happened to me mate. Was like we did so much of it over the years it was overkill. I nearly killed myself with how much work I did for the magazines, product lines etc. I've felt like I've been free for the past couple of years and if i feel like scrapping something little then i do! Otherwise there is no compulsion.
How's Marni going? Say hi to her for me please.
Well, much love to you and yours Karen. Thanks for popping in and please stay in touch mate.
Love Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin