The reality is it is November.
The reality is that the year has almost past (well by the Roman calendar anyway) and i have got so much I still want to get done. I'm one of those people that gets an idea and then likes to see it come to pass...like yesterday. Impulsive and often impatient and you can add procrastinator extraordiare to that list too.
Now there will be some of my friends who read this and will want to say, 'don't be so hard on yourself'. I'm assuring you now....I'm not trying to be hard on myself; just stating the facts.
As I type, I have the homeschooling cupboard contents all over the schooling floor, I have books falling off bookshelves and a filing cabinet that needs to be filled with subject texts/resources. I am about half way through this job. It's one of those jobs that you start and you get half way through and think, 'why am i doing this? i should have left it alone!' but at the end, you are always glad you got through it. I know i'll feel this way when it is done. One of my bookshelves needs to be so severley culled it is just not funny. Oh and add culling toy boxes and linen to that too.
I have craft projects that are begging some attention but I keep saying, 'they will have to wait' and now it is almost the end of the year and they haven't had a look in!
How's this for a to do list?
* The motor in our vacuum (only 2 months old) has died and needs to be returned. Yep haven;t done that.
* Our laptop with about 30, 000 + photos on it plus all my homeschooling files has not been backed up (not kidding) and is not starting up properly. I need to get all this stuff off here like as of yesterday but still haven't done it.
* I have not done my registration for homeschooling and I have 3 kids up for rego soonish. Need to seriously get cracking on that. And I need to update the kids portfolios, the homeschool diary and print off photos of their learning for their portfolios too.
* We want to host a bbq here in a couple of weeks to celebrate the following; our 10th wedding anniversary, zippi's very belated first birthday party, my belated 30th birthday party (belated by a year) and yet i haven't even begun to think about it more than what I've just typed out.
* I want to call friends more; especially friends who are going through hard stuff. I know they understand and they don't expect anything but it's just that I want to be in touch more.
* There are about 3 places we've been saying we want to take the kids to and well, we just haven't. yet.
* I have kitchen cupboards to cull but haven't yet.
I could keep going but I won't.
Because the reality is.....THIS IS MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!
It just is.
And somehow, most of the time I am ok with that.
Other times, like today, it's so easy to feel snowed under.
It's just how I feel today.
Tomorrow will probably feel different but it's how I feel today.
But the reality is...I know Yah (God) will get me through it all and help me sort out what actually needs doing and what can wait. I know He wants to teach me discernment, how to be productive without be a perfectionist and how to wait patiently and endure through circumstances.
The reality is that life is fleeting and that I want to embrace the journey I am on right now.
And the reality is that I can still honestly say, my awesome amazing Elohim (God) is good!!!
How's that for a reality check?
Love and many blessings to you, whatever the season and circumstance you find yourself in!