Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two Words...Catching Up + My Birthday

Well, so much has been happening lately + thought I'd try and squeeze in a quick Two Words post!

October Snow...

Chicken Soup...



Being helpful...



Playing dominos...



New chook-house...


Capillarity Science...


Shabbat (Sabbath) Worship...


Garden Abundance...
(Thank you Yehovah!)


Textured bowl...
(These are extra large rattan balls which I got for only $2 each when we visited our dear friends Jono and Christine a little while back when we went out west and I found the perfect bowl to put them in $12 from the Reject Shop! Bargain! I wanted something to sit on our big coffee table but didn't want anything breakable on there - perfect compromise! And the striped cloth was from my mum which she used as a cot sheet for my brother when he was a baby.)


Tall ted...
(Liji was so excited that he worked out how to make his teddy stand up by balancing in his shoes!)


Cinnamon candles...


Learning Money...


Cousin snuggles...
(with Donna, Brett's cousin who visited from QLD)


Park fun...


S.O.T.W (story of the world -our history programme) colouring...


A Shaduf...


Obedience Experiment...
(My online friend Cara from THE PETERSON PARTY BLOG talked about having done this experiment with her girls and I thought it would be cool to do too. I put out one plate with fruit and the other with chocolate. I told them they could eat as much fruit as they liked but they weren't to touch the chocolate plate. That was all I said. I left it out in front of them for the whole time we were doing afternoon lessons and colouring in. I was surprised by how many times they asked if they could have the chocolate. They kept persisting with it on and on and on. When they asked I just said, 'You may have something from the fruit plate and didn't say anything about the chocolate. They got the picture and eventually stopped asking for it. They didn't eat any which was an encouraging thing for me to see. We talked about the Garden of Eden and how Adam and Eve may have felt and what they did about those feelings which led to them sinning and going against God's Torah (instruction) which was to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We finished off the night with them eating a couple of choc pieces and having some cuddles). I'll be doing another special post about Cara's blog very soon :) If you have preschoolers - pop over there and stay tuned!


Cuneiform writing...


Making Spider's...
('safe' lemonade (-ie: lemonade without additive 211 which is the Schweppe's brand ) + icecream)...


Birthday flowers...
(specially delivered by the florist from my Brettsky. was my birthday yesterday.)


 

Birthday love...


Beautiful flowers...
(Special flowers + a lovely card from the church ladies...)



Birthday visitors...
(My mum and dad, Pam and her fam + Ben + Jas)


Birthday cake...
(from Ben + Jas!)


Birthday singing...
(and dancing!)


Special cuddles...


Birthday Dinner...
(We went out for a yummy dinner and a special time - just the two of us! Dinner at our fave Thai spot and cake and coffee at one of our fave coffee shops.)


Thanks for the texts and calls too :)
Well, hope all is well in the lives of my friends out there!
If you are keen to do a Two Words post two, then just write one up on your blog and then fill in the Linky Box below :)






Love and blessings to you + yours!
Lus x

12 comments:

singing mama said...

Lovely Lusi,
I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday?!!!!! A HUGE happy birthday to you!!!
Were all recovering from a tummy bug but when we are germ free I will be popping down for a late birthday visit!!!
Love and hugs
Donna

lusi said...

Oh thanks mate! I'm so sorry to hear you have been sick :( That's awful. Will pray you all get better very soon!!!
So looking forward to catching up sometime soon.
Love Lus x

caz1975 said...

Happy birthday, looks like you were thoroughly blessed :-)

Christine said...

I didn't know it was your birthday either! Happy Birthday, looks as though you were spoiled as you should be! Lovely pics...the chicken tractor looks great! Chicken soup recipe please!

Sumara said...

Aaaaah! Happy birthday my lovely!

I looked at the date yesterday and thought to myself hmmmm, somebody's birthday today... is it Brett's???? and then forgot about it again. OOPS. Sorry my darling!

Lovely to see what a nice day you had.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

lusi said...

Carolyn- thanks so much and yep truly blessed :-) love to you!

Christine- thank you matey :-) chooks are coming next week yay and chicken soup recipe to come soon! Love u!

Sumi- thanks lovely and no worries at all mate! Love to you all!!!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Lusi!
Would love to see your soup recipe too - looks so good.

lusi said...

Thanks Karen!!! Love to you mate :-)

frills and spills said...

Happy {belated} Birthday Lus!

Snow in October??? Wow! It's been mostly freezing over here too - though not snow-freezing weather!

Love Jas xx

Lu said...

Happy Belated Birthday beautiful Lusi!!! Thank you for your email and words of encouragement, and most importantly your powerful prayer. We have our miracle!!! I'm just over ten weeks now and we're due towards the end of May. Praise God for prayers answered and paths lit.

Kisses to the fam!

Chat soon, Lu and Doug xx

Peterson Party said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day. You share a birthday with my youngest daughter :)

Can I please have the chicken soup recipe? It looks amazing!

I am so happy to hear that your kiddos passed the "test" and that they resisted temptation! Way to go!

lusi said...

Jas- thanks mate and hope you are staying warm enough!!! Lol yes snow in October! Bizarre hey- just shows God is in charge of the seasons hey! Lots of love Jas!

Lu- that's wonderful news mate!!!! Praising God here with ya! Congrats and it really is a miracle! Make sure you keep me updated with how it's all going! Sending my love to you and Doug and the kids x

Cara- happy belated birthday to your little girl! Hope she had a lovely day :-) and that little experiment! sure was interesting! Thanks for sharing it :-) much love!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin