Saturday, October 2, 2010

Two Words...

So some of what we have been up to lately has included celebrating the rest of Sukkot (The Feast of Tabernacles), some homeschooling, some relaxing, some catching up with friends.
Just life really!
So here's my Two Words post...

Tree Swing...


Following Instructions...


Picking Greens...


Playing Battleships...


Kids' Psalm...



Psalm Brainstorming
(Ok quick note added here: Brett was homeschooling the kids this particular day and read aloud some of the 'Hallel Psalms' (from Psalms 113-118) and decided he and the kids should write their own Psalm (pic above). He got them to think of some good words and some bad words and used these to form parts of the Psalm. I love that kind of teaching + learning + living. Made me cry when I saw it when I came home that arv. He is such a blessing to me. Just don't want to forget that.)


Book Gift...
(Ok another quick note for myself to remember: Brett saw this human body jigsaw book and thought of the kids doing some of this in our health unit so he grabbed it for them. I thought that was really sweet).


Boy's birthday-date...


Butterfly Friend...


Friends' Sukkot...
(Their theme was 'who was, who is and who is to come'. It was BEAUTIFUL! Heik made the banner himself. The coloured papers are things people were thankful to God for throughout this past year.)


Hebrew Dancing...


Elijah Worshipping...
(Lori made the flags as a gift for each family to take home!)



Watching...
(They are watching Victoria (Stephanie B's daughter) talking about Yom Kippur I think it was?) They really enjoyed that!


Liji's creations!


Mountain Climbing...
(Went to meet up with a new and beautiful friend of ours and her lovely fam and her local homeschooling group. They included us in a rainforest walk and then we went off to the beach with her. Was a special treat! Thanks again J if you are reading this! xox)


Rainforest Exploring...


Beautiful Creation...


Enjoying Snuggles...



Beach Loving...


Wind-swept face...



Sand Drawing...


Sunset Beauty...


Interested in doing a Two Words post? Just create one and link to it by adding your details in the box below. Judt keep it two words or less (where you can!) and have fun creating quick blogging memories!
Love Lus x




2 comments:

frills and spills said...

Hey Lus
Reading your blog brings back SO many memories for me of my early childhood. We spent lots of time with other families from our church, my mum was always sewing and painting things for the Jewish festivals that were celebrated at Women's Aglow meetings, we had lots of simple family outings - many to the Blue Mountains - or to the beach for fish & chips and LOTS of picnics and bushwalks. You and Brett are creating so many great family memories that I'm sure your children will always treasure :)

Love Jas xx

lusi said...

Hi Jas! Thanks for dropping in mate :)
I enjoyed reading about the way you celebrated the festivals as a child - how special are those memories! I have been so amazed to read that Yehovah (God) calls these HIS feasts! I always thought they were only for Israel (even though I believe we are apart of Israel). Anyway, seeing these as His set apart appointed times has helped me to learn more about Him and His plans.
Love and blessings to you my friend, Jas!
Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin