Friday, September 10, 2010

Journeying with Him

No doubt, many blogging friends of mine will be reading over posts like this one and be thinking, 'what has happened to Lusi?' How come she never did these things before but all of a sudden they have become important to her? What is all this about Sabbath, and Festivals and Hebrew Roots?

Well, i think it shows that I (just like most of you reading this) am on a journey of faith with the God of the Universe who has ALWAYS been into journeys!

He 'walked' with Adam in the Garden, He took Noah on an incredible journey of faith that involved much water, death + new beginnings. He journeyed with the people He called 'the apple of His eye', Israel, delivering them from the hands of a Pharoah who had enslaved them + journeyed with a man named David whom He redeemed and blessed as he returned to Him. He journeyed with a man named Job through the worst of all life (satan) could throw at him and then doubly blessed the latter part of his life. He journeyed with and transformed the destinies of 12 men who laid aside their lives, gave up their nets, tossed down their tax collecting bags or set aside their family inheritances for Him. He journeyed with us as He, the One who had been there from the start of the world, came down to walk among His creation. In the form of Yeshua (Jesus) became Yahweh's (God's) salvation!

He has always been into journeys.

I love that it is a journey because on a journey you take little steps sometimes and then other times you have to pause. Some other time still you need to run and another time you might get to a dead end. But there is a path set out, (a narrow path), that leads to life.

I want to walk on that path with Him!!!
Even when it takes me to difficult, challenging + unexpected places.

And many of these places are unexpected because the true meaning of certain words + instructions that YHWH (God) Himself put in place for us, His people, have become kind of 'lost in translation'. Some have even been changed by man. That's fine when you don't know any different but I want to be one of His people whom He calls His sheep. He says that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. I want, with all my heart, to be a hearer + a do-er of His Word. I don't want to just hear it and then do nothing. We have been created to hear + act together. I want to know what is important to Him and walk in that. I want to be lead + empowered by His Spirit to go HIS way. If He says that He is the God who never changes + is the same yesterday, today + forever, then I want to live in a way that pleases Him, even if the whole world thinks I'm nuts for it.

If you are anything like me, when you got saved, you heard + read about the Gospel accounts of Yeshua (Jesus) + about the amazing things He did. And man, He did do AMAZING things! Perhaps you read through the whole New Testament and maybe some parts of the old. I can't speak for you, but I know that I didn't understand alot of the Scriptures (Old Testament) + it didn't really bother me to be honest because I felt that all that was kind of done away with. I didn't know, for instance, that God had shown much grace from the beginning of time to His people. I didn't realise that when Jesus said, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and strength" that He was actually quoting that from the Old Testament - check it out in Deuteronomy 6:5. I didn't know that people were raised from the dead in the Old Testament until I read it one day in 1 Kings 17:17-24 where Elijah raised the poor widow's son from the dead. Romans 11 made much more sense to me after reading Ezekiel 37. There seemed to be alot that I was missing out on understanding by not reading the Old Testament. Not that I never read from it, I just didn't really get it I think. And that's not to say I suddenly 'get it all' now but there are bits and pieces that seem to make more sense in light of understanding who Yahweh is.

I guess what I'm saying is this: there was already a story written by God, about Him that records over 4ooo years of History (his-story) before Jesus came to earth. Then there is more of that story recorded while Jesus lived here and after He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. What I think is sad is that often, we miss out on the fullness of understanding WHAT Jesus came to say, HOW He fulfilled Yahweh's (God's) plans and WHY He said what He said, just because we don't understand the scriptures (tanakh or old testament).

We realise that the only 'Scriptures' Jesus had were the Old Testament. There was no New Testament then. So when He says, "It says in the Scriptures"... I want to understand what those Scriptures that He is talking about say!

Anyway, just sharing my heart here. This is all part of my journey. I am so thankful that He walks with us and leads us so graciously and faithfully. I want to know Him more. I want to understand His Word and Truth more. I'm really enjoying this journey so far.

5 comments:

Christine said...

beautifully said Lus. So glad to be on this journey with you.

love you guys heaps :-)

singing mama said...

I just wrote a long reply and is lost it :(

Well written and grace filled post Lusi, and so gently expressed about where Yahweh is taking you. Praise Him that He takes on steps closer and closer to Him!
Love to you!
Donna

Mommy Set Free said...

It is a beautiful thing to walk in the fullness! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Andi said...

Yes Lusi - that was a wonderful post and a blessing to read! Thank you so much for sharing....each journey starts with one step!
Shalom Sister!

lusi said...

Bless you all for your encouraging words. They mean so much to me. Thank you!
Love Lusi x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin