Thursday, December 31, 2009

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night....

I feel for now that it is time to say goodbye to this little blog.

It could just be that it is New Year's when my mind runs over time but i think it is time for it to close. I will continue to pray about it and perhaps it will only be temporarily (again!) but for now I feel that this will be the end, or until the Lord leads me otherwise.

I'm not sure what twenty ten holds for me but i do know the One who holds the future and I am so thankful that He has a grand plan for me and my fam (and you and yours too!) That plan may include more writing in other ways, it may include other creative endeavours and friendships. I am sure it will involve LESS computer time. I know it will include more travel time as we support + cheer on Brett who is embarking on his 5th State League Basketball season. I'm pumped about homeschooling for our second year. I know this year will also include a deeper, richer, more intimate walk with Him for me and my whole fam. I'm always excited to see where He will lead when He closes one door.

So to all my cyber friends, thank you for your love, support, encouragement and friendship over the past 4 + a half years of my blogging (from my scrapbooking ones to now). My life has been enriched so greatly for *knowing* you.

I would be more than happy to keep in touch via my email address which is: bla27@myplace.net.au

And lastly I implore you, at the beginning of this New Year, to cry out to Jesus. Especially if you don't know Him as Lord and Saviour. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. I know He will.

Ephesians 3: 14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Again, thank you and God bless you richly,
So much love,
Lus x

22 comments:

Ruby said...

All the best with wherever and whatever you do in 2010.

Katie said...

We will miss you Lusi! I really enjoy reading your blog, it is always really encouraging. Though I totally understand your decision to cut back on computer time. Hopefully I'll still see you on SoF every now and again! God bless! Katie :-)

singing mama said...

Oh Lusi, I am sad to see the end of this blog, I have loved Reading it and catching up with your families goings on. I have often being inspired by your words and often challenged as well. I'll be praying for you this next year and all it holds.
Luv Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey Lus and thanks. Thanks for the many times when your words have offered so much when I needed it most. Lucky for me, our friendship is outside this blog and I look forward to continuing our friendship (and seeing a whole lot more of you) in 2010.

Luv Kaz :) xx

Nat said...

I'll have to get much beter at making phone calls now hey hun!!

All the best for a fabulous year for you and yours. Love you Austins!!

caz1975 said...

I commented on facebook but just wanted to say here too how much you have blessed me this year and I wish you all the best for 2010, whatever it holds for you. I will miss reading your thoughts.
Carolyn :-)

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Lusi,
I shall miss your ♥ filled posts, my friend, and the wonderful thought provoking posts, but I understand that this is your season for something else.

May God continue to bless you and keep you throughout 2010.

Love and blessings,
Jillian ♥

lusi said...

Thank you to you all for your kind comments.

Love lus x

Peta said...

Oh no... I am sad :(... your blog always fills a void in my day - my life - I feel so blessed to have you as part of my life - even though it is thru your blog....
I hope you dont mind but I have added your email to my address book and i will definately keep intouch - giving you notice of when I plan to visit my parents :)
Although it is with a heavy heart I do understand and totally respect your decision to stop blogging... I will miss you :) BTW - i got a counting crows CD for xmas - and I lOVE it - it fills my heart - thankyou for introducing me to your beautiful music :)

Nicolee said...

Well this is sad for me as I'm only a blog friend...but I pray that you and your family continue to prosper and grow in Him! I can fully understand your decision....I will miss being inspired by your writing and thoughts though. I hope one day I catch your creativeness in a scrapping mag again....I really enjoyed that too.
So nice to have met you online, shame that I know a lot more about you than you do about me and my fam! Can't wait to meet and catch up in Heaven one day! That day will be one of such celebration and joy for all of Gods children.
I will try and keep in touch via email....but once again, thanks for letting me have a glimpse into your world.
From the top end of this awesome county we live in.
God bless
Nic x
email - nicab@aapt.net.au

Scrapsister said...

Awww Lus! I'll see you around I am sure but I sure will miss the photos, food and teaching experiences you share here. Much love to you all and prayers and blessings for this coming year.
Kerryn

lusi said...

Thanks again to you all for enriching my life too! Please stay in touch! Nic, are you kn facebook?
Peta was it a casting crowns cd? I'm glad you are enjoying that music! Please let me know when you are up next!
Love lus xxx

Peta said...

yes Lusi - it was a casting crowns lol - oops im so bad with music names HEEHEE

lusi said...

lol mate - so am i!!! which cc cd was it just out of interest? x

Anonymous said...

Another here who is just a 'reader' though I have emailed you a few times and you were so helpful. I will miss your updates. Totally get why you need to do this though.

Blessings to you and your family :)
Monique

Jane said...

I will miss reading your blog Lusi. I have appreciated your honest reflections on life's journey especially in living in a way that glorifies God. There just isn't a lot on the net like that. Its been an encouragement and an help in my own spiritual journey. I do hope that you have the opportunity to continue writing in some form this year. God's blessings on your family! Do think you are doing an amazing job not because everything is perfect. But because you are intentional.

Peta said...

its the gift edition CD & DVD set - havent watched the DVD yet- but i think i will tomorrow as I have a quiet day with only 2 kidlets :)

Chrissy said...

Love you sweetie, follow your heart with your blog, I will miss coming here to catch up though....

Hugs to you darling girl!
Chrissy x

Brigitte G. said...

Heyyy Beaudiful Lusi !!
haven't been visiting for sooooolong but i can see your life is still full of beaudiful things and oh my goshhh your children have grown sooooo much !!
Sometimes it's good to have a break from computer (although... i have become sooo addicted to it and it results...not much work done :( but anyway, that is me not being well organised !
... but in time, i'm sure for you, we'll all catch-up together at some stage...
All the best and your family Beaudiful Lusi :)

Dannii said...

Hey Lusi,
So sad to hear that this blog may not continue. I love reading about you and your family and your daily lives. But I totally understand where you are coming from, I have cut back a lot on my wasteful computer time lately, with forums, and blogging not so much etc. I am still addicted to FB though LOL. I endeavour to get the balance even more this year, it's working better so far, but I know that I still spend too much time on this darn thing than I need to.

I would love to keep in contact with you, I was thinking about something the other day, will email you about it, when the kids let me LOL!

With love to my sister in Christ!
Dannii xx

Jeanne said...

Argh! Don't stop blogging just when I've found you for the first time!!

Jodi said...

Dear Lusi,

I havn't popped in to comment lately. Been kind of busy but just wanted to stop and say how grateful I am for the times I have been able to stop by and read your blog and be totally inspired by you. I found you through scrapbooking but have since learnt that there is so much more to you and I am forever grateful for your honest, loving way that you have shared your journey and life here on your blog. You have inspired me to want to be more outward in my walk with Christ and more humble and honest in my encounters with other mums and sharing in their journeys. Thank you.

I have added you as a friend on facebook. Hopefully we can keep in contact there.

Hugs, Jodi xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin