Monday, November 16, 2009

Girls Weekend Away

I got home late yesterday arv after a beautiful weekend away with my mother's group girls (and some other mates too) for our annual getaway. There were 11 of us women plus little Zippi who was made to feel so loved and welcome. It was such a spesh time for us.
Lots of great food, convos and candles...

shopping, swimming, cartwheel attempts on the beach, walks, cold rock icecreams + marvelling at the Creator's creation.

Waking up to the sunrise watching dolphins leaping out of the water and riding the waves...

The view from our deck looking north...
And great 'us' time...

I've had some other big not-so-good things happening lately - stuff not suitable to talk about on my blog- but all in all it comes down to this....this world is not perfect nor is anyone in it. And yet our Father has such an amazing plan for us all to redeem and restore. How wonderful He is even in the midst of (especially in the midst of) the junk that goes on around us and in us.

As I prayed and thought on the Lord this weekend, the Holy Spirit kept reminding me of these verses...
"I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" - Job 19:25-26

How deep His love is for me...for us all.





5 things I am thankful for today:

1. Great friends + our weekend away

2. That our prayers were swiftly answered when Stass had her fingers accidently slammed in the door by a very distraught brother - no damage and very little pain even despite swelling!!! Thank you Lord for your healing and wholeness!!!

3. BBQ chickens.

4. Uno - whoever invented that needs a medal of some kind.

5. That I can hold onto the Lord no matter what and know that He is also holding onto me.


Lus x

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jo said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and what a beautiful place. Zippi must have been one spoilt girl!

Jo

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Lusi, what a wonderful time you must have had, and what a special place to have it in.

Praying that times will soon be better for you.
Blessings,
Jillian

Sarah Slaven said...

Hope everything is alright. I'm praying for peace for you with whatever it is you are dealing with.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin