Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ch ch ch changes

So many changes this past year.
Of them all, the biggest changes have been to do with my attitudes.

Do you have seasons like this too?

At the moment, some of the changes are:
* learning to try and make the most of any minutes I might get to myself
* that even if i don't get much creative time in right now, living a creative life in my home is one way i can express myself + that I'm enjoying that - decorating the house, organising it when i can - baking yummy things are all creative things I can do + give to my family at the same time
* it's just so much nicer when people relate to me about their real issues, about their brokenness, rather than looking like they have it all together and that it is how i should relate to others too
* listening to others' opinions is fine; taking them on board and feeling like a failure if i don't do it *their* way is not necessary :)

What about you? Are there attitudes or lessons you have been changing or learning lately? Please feel free to share them with us all!

5 things I am thankful for today:

1. A beautiful family service today
2. That Zippi doesn't have measles or anything nasty - its infantile eczema and is treatable (our others had this too but have all thankfully grown out of it)
3. Cashews - yum
4. Great times with my mate Loz
5. Peace

Love Lus x

4 comments:

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Lusi,
Yep, me, too!

I used to be fanatical about modesty, not realising that other people have their own ideas about modesty, and that what Christian people think is what the Holy Spirit places in their ♥.

These days I dress modestly, but I don't dwell on it.

Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Anonymous said...

Definitely changes in the wind for me. Can't say much yet. Lots of love to you and yours, and I really hope your video can be retrieved, great reminder for me to do some photo back up. GG xxx

Miss cath said...

"listening to others' opinions is fine; taking them on board and feeling like a failure if i don't do it *their* way is not necessary :)"

Lusi, this stuck home so strongly with me - thank you so much for the encouragement that you allow God you to be.

lusi said...

Hi Cath - thanks for sharing that with me mate :) I'm learning it slowly but it has been helping :)
Love to you mate!

Thanks Jillian for sharing about your convictions too and how the Holy Spirit is speaking to you about Him speaking to others.

And G, love to you my friend and sounds like new things are on the horizon!

God bless you all,
Love Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin