Monday, April 27, 2009

We've been busy...

We went away to Newcastle on the weekend to watch Brett play basketball and had a lovely time. It was a really lovely time away. I fed Zip before we left and she slept for 3 hours which was pretty much the whole trip up to Maitland - awesome. Here I am nursing her and trying out my new breastfeeding cover. It has a piece of bone in it so that I can still see her as she feeds which I love. And I even fed without it in public over the course of the weekend - my confidence is growing :)Seriously, thank you for your prayers because we have really turned a corner with feeding and I'm actually enjoying it which is miraculous for me to be able to say! ...
Lots of snuggles and kisses for daddy...
Our little sleepy princess...


Liji collecting in the park...


Awake after a feed in the night in the holiday unit...



Who could resist taking photos of this little face?

And the three older munchkins bunked down in another room having a *sleep over*...

The BIG and roomy holiday unit which was fantastic. We had tried finding a place online and couldn't. Brett and I stopped and prayed together and within minutes had found this place. When I called them to check if we needed to pay for Zippi, the lady on the phone gave me a great discount too! Praise God for that!

Did I tell you that we are in LOVE with this little girl and can't stop taking photos of her!

One of the best things about going up north for the weekend was that we were able to hang out with our great mates Pete and Tiff and our gorgeous God-kids :) We saw their newly purchased house, went to a food and wine festival and the kids had an absolute ball going on a swinging chair ride and a jumping castle. We had lunch by the bay and it was just a lovely afternoon. Thanks so much guys! Love ya's :)

Here are both our families together...
And our litle family too...

We've started Miss Zippi on the cloth nappies we have. Here she is in the SWADDLEBEE newbon which my gorgeous Sumi gave us...


and in the Patooties newborn which my lovely friend Natti made and sent. I ADORE this cow hide print - so cute! Thanks again Nat!...

Other randomness from here; playing elastics in the lounge room...

Washing that Brett did that i need to fold and put away...

Speaking of washing...I love seeing these cute little pink things hanging on the line...

Have been really encourgaed to continue to do what we feel is *right* before the Lord in terms of our parenting despite sometimes feeling as though there is little fruit coming from our efforts. After really crying out to the Lord about it the other night, a dear special friend of mine called me that very night and said she felt to ring and encourage me about that very issue! The Lord really prompted her to call me to help me see that I need to be CHOOSING to praise God for the progress we see, to continue to be consistent EVEN when we don't see immediate results and just to continue to depend fully on God for His wisdom and guidance in this area. It was so refreshing and just what we needed. So, having said all that, here is a beautiful giggling dad enjoying being with his kids as we both choose to ask God more and more for His patience, His joy and His wisdom to be restored and installed in us!
'Safe' lunch; pasta, cheese and cashews (well substitute the cheese for soy yoghurt for Liji)...

Loving cuddles...


Was blessed to enjoy some time (and yummy homemade banana cake!!!) with Kaz yesterday and also loved seeing Mel Moor today too :)

And lastly, the kids loved watching Brett bath Zip last night as he explained the step by step of what to do...
5 things I am so thankful to God for today:
1. Zippi passing her hearing test beautifully :)
2. Being able to attend my first ABA breastfeeding meeting today and be encouraged by what I heard. Also for being able to feed Zip comfortably there whilst she was in the Ergo.
3. Friends
4. Nursing going so well :)
5. Feeling held and encouraged by the Lord

Hope all is well your way!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all your photos and knowing that you are all surviving the early days. can you tell me where your feeding cover-up is from? looks really handy. All is well here, loving my time at home, great time to reflect on the important things, and seek direction for future things. Love GG

Mell Mallin said...

Awww. Cluck cluck cluck!

Zip is SO little... cant believe they are all so tiny!

Thinking and praying for you!

Nat said...

Aww, Zippi is so very beautiful - and great to see her in some cloth nappies!! Let me know if you're in need of any more little ones!!

Your family is so beautiful and precious honey, I miss you so much and so hope I can come and see you soon.

Thanks for sharing your life (and even your struggles) with us - I'll be in prayer for you all xx

Rebecca Vavic said...

Oiw sweets... you are the most gorgeous Mumma ever!

Thanks for posting regularly... I cant get enough of your little Zip either :) She is such a darling cutie pie!

Then... all your chicklets are adorable... kiss and hugs to the older three for me.

Eskimo kiss for Zip.

HUGE HUGE HUGE squeezy hugs for you my dear friend.

I love you.
Bxo

Gayle said...

Great post Lusi...love your photos showing your life together with Zippy.
Lol..the other night I was up late by myself and I went to your blog and the music came on really loud and scared the bejeppers out of me ...had a chuckle once I figured out how to turn it off!
Have a wonderful day mate

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Hi Lusi,
Your daughter is soooo cute, and has such a beautiful head of hair - my son had blonde fine hair.I loved the moo print on the nappy, too.

Have a wonderful week. Take care and God bless you.
Jillian

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin