Friday, April 17, 2009

Introducing our little Zipporah 'Zippi' Patricia....

Praise God! She is here safe and sound!!!
She was born at 3.20am on Thursday morning and weighed in at 6 pounds 14 and a half ounces.
She measured 50cm.
Zipporah was Moses' wife and she was faithful to Moses when the Lord was going to deal harshly with him. You can read the story in Exodus chapter 4 HERE. She has Patricia as her middle name after a beautiful woman (of the same name) who was like a grandmother to Brett his whole life until she passed away in 2001. I loved Pat too and she would have loved all our children. All of our kids have a family middle name.
Ok so here she is....

The birth was incredible!

On Wednesday I'd had some mild contractions (but I'd been having these for weeks leading up to the birth) but life continued on as normal. We spent most of the night looking at more nappy options online and at about 11pm i went to bed. I got up at 1.30am to go to the bathroom, felt a bit of a 'pop' and noticed what i thought might have been part of the show. I waited and realised that this could be it! Brett stirred and asked if everything was ok and i thought i'd better ring the hospital and see if it was worth popping over to get checked out. By this time I'd had one or two more mild contractions.

When i rang the hospital, I got the beautiful midwife who actually once risked her job to make sure i was safely travelled in an ambulance when I was rushed down to give birth to Stassi 7 years ago. It was the same midwife who knew me instantly and said, 'Oh Lus, there is no anaesthetist on tonight or tomorrow, so you'll have to go straight away to Nepean (an hour away) and knowing you, you should leave now!'

Brett and I had prayed about this many times during the pregnancy. See, even if you don't plan on needing an anaesthetist, you still can't labour at our hospital unless there is one on call due to liability risks. We had placed this situation into the Lord's hands so many times and completely trusted that He had the best plan in mind for us and that His peace and presence would be with us no matter where we laboured!

When I got off the phone, I called mum and dad (who also live an hour away), and I called Nomes our friend, to come and sit with the children (who were of course fast asleep!) Mum and dad were concerned about me travelling in the car (with my history of quick labours) and began praying as they travelled.

I began to also feel uneasy about travelling and as we packed the car I had my first big contraction. I stood in the ensuite and said, "Lord, please give us your wisdom now - should we stay go down in the car or go to our hospital instead? Please give us your wisdom!

" I called the hospital back to tell them I would prefer to come in and get checked out first before we travelled. They thought that was a fine idea and so we headed off to our hospital.

On the way there, Brett prayed over us and we again asked the Lord to go before us and make the path smooth for the right thing to happen; whatever that was according to His perfect plan! I had another contraction. We got in the maternity doors at 2.45am. A cannula was inserted immediately for the strep b meds. An ambulance was called and we were told we would still have to travel down the hill. I was examined and was 3-4cm's. The beautiful midwives went and filled in paperwork and while they were gone, I got up on the bed on my knees. I had quite a few very strong contractions and then told Brett I felt like bubby was trying to crown.

He got the midwife quickly :) She came in, gave me the gas and Brett put on the video camera in the corner. He came and rubbed my back and kept reassuring me.

I kept saying Psalm 46:1-3 in my head over and over again:

"God is our refuge and our strength; an ever present help in times of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains melt into the heart of the sea, though the waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging".

Then three minutes later, she was born!

Here's the amazing thing though; she had the cord wrapped around her neck twice. And of course, the midwives were able to deal with that quickly and without incident. However, if we had gone in the car when we been told, we would have only been half way there. And the midwives were able to tell me to stop pushing at a certain point while they unhooked the cord (of course i had no idea what they were doing!) If I'd kept pushing, (and I wouldn't have known any better if i was on the side of the road!) it could have been a very bad situation for our precious Zippi. BUT PRAISE GOD! He made a perfect way for us to be able to labour there with the supervision of the beautiful midwives who have been like family to me over my 4 births.

So after 30 mins of being in the maternity ward, little Zippi entered the world! One of the midwives commented that it was one of the quickest, quietest and most beautiful births she's witnessed! The Lord was in that room with us and He filled it with His joy, love and beauty. I was so honoured to be there and be a part of such an incredible worshipful experience.

After I was fixed up and showered, we made our way to the room (single rooms here in the brand new maternity wing) and we cuddled with her, i fed her, we prayed over her and just enjoyed being together. There we watched the sunrise for the first time craddling our gorgeous Zipporah in our arms....

and marvelled at God's creative hands...
This was the view from outside my window...
And here she is resting on the bed....

I called home at about 8am when I knew the kids would all be up. Mum and dad had told them that we had gone to hospital but that was all they said. So I asked Stass to put the phone on speaker and told them, 'Your little sister is here - Zipporah has arrived!' and they all shrieked and screamed down the phone with JOY! Stassi actually cried with joy :) And of course, so did I!
When they arrived at the hospital, they were so overcome by how wonderful she is and were in complete awe. They loved their first snuggles with her...




and their first kisses too....

here are our 4 beautiful children together for the first time...

and our first family photo all 6 of us (lol saying that feels so strange and yet so right at the same time!!!)


and just a couple more shots of our gorgeous princess because I want to share her beauty with the world!


Her hands in her daddy's are so tiny...
and of course he is besotted with his new little princess....

Getting ready to leave the hospital...

Leaving the hospital grounds...
Daddy popping her into her capsule...


We always get a family shot before walking into the house for the first time with each bubby...
And these beautiful little signs were posted through the house for us...

So after 36 hours in hospital, we are home and have settled in really well.
I will try and return emails, phone calls, etc in the coming weeks but it might take a while as we adjust :)
Thanks to you all for your prayers, love, support, texts, calls, emails, parcels, words of encouragement.
Glory be to our God for our precious little Zipporah!
More soon,
Love Lus & Brett & the kids xxxxxx

70 comments:

Zarna said...

Congratulations Lusi & Brett!!!!

She is beautiful! I love her name, and I suspect with a nickname like Zippi that she will be a little busy bee!

Neek said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lusi & Brett. I love the story & photos! She is a little darling! :) Enjoy!

Tara said...

Oh Praise God for her safe arrival and all the providence along the way!

Have tears of joy reading about the newest addition.

Welcome Zippi!

Monique said...

Congratulations to you all...welcome to the world Zippi !!!

Jasmine said...

Welcome Princess Zippi!!!

I loved hearing about how God prepared the way for her safe arrival & in the place He knew you would feel most comfortable and safe even when it seemed not possible at first - isn't He so good :)

Karen L said...

Me too Jasmine - thank you for sharing her birthday story Lusi, it is wonderful to hear of God's faithfulness and it also gives us a change to thank HIM and worship Him for all that he does in not only your lives but each of our lives daily. Opps I forgot such a huge congratulations to you guys, Zippi is just adorable - such a precious princess in God's sight and I am sure she will grow to become a great woman of God.

Cass said...

Praise to God for His infinite wisdom and His guiding hand in the arrival of your precious little girl.
Congrats to you all!

Donna said...

Oh Lusi, your story moved me to tears, babies are God's promise to us that life is everlasting, it just goes on & on....
Congratulations, love & blessings for you all on the arrival of Zippi (adorable name!) to your family.
Your children are so very fortunate to have such loving parents, and God knows that too, he gave you your little Zippi & her safe passage here.
Enjoy these very precious weeks. xoxoxoxo

miss~nance said...

WOW I am sitting here in tears with goosies at the wonderful story if Zippi's birth.God knows the desires of our hearts and he also knows what is best for us. Again HUGE congratulations.

She really is beautiful. I would be sharing her beauty with the world too Lusi.Kust love your family shots.

I am very excited for you all.

Love you
Hugs & blessings

Gail XXX

BTW 2 girls who you met at the SWS retreat, Jess & Christy, were at my home scrapping when your SMS came through and they were very excited to hear the news too.

mrs boo radley said...

Congrats! I totally figured she would have a fabulous name like Zipporah! I think that one even crossed my mind when I was ruling out other 'z' names...

Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lusi & Brett and Welcome Zipporah.
Anthea

holmes751 said...

Wow, Lusi & Brett. What an awesome birth story! What an awesome God! And what a precious little bubba! We're so excited for you all. You all look so lovely and happy and joyful! Thank you for sharing it all with us! It was a blessing to read your story!

Love Donna, Andrew, Kate and Ben

Chrissy said...

I am teary here love, isn't she just the most amazing little darling?!!!
God bless your gorgeous family my sweet friend, what a precious time you have ahead...

Love to you
Chrissy x

Leanne said...

Oh Lusi! What a beautiful and uplifting story! Congratulations to both you and Brett on the arrival of your newest, precious gift! Welcome Baby Zipporah!

xxx

Anonymous said...

She is just gorgeous! Praise God for His wonderful blessings! Tammi

Nat said...

Aww honey, she's just gorgeous, like you said! I just LOVED reading your story (even if you already told me) and seeing the photos, and esp of the kids with her. Such a precious and wonderful blessing.
Love you all xxx

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Lusi, I am weeping like a baby here! Congratulations on your 'Zippie' delivery and arrival of baby Zipporah! Fantastic!

Leanne said...

What an amazing blessing is your little Zipporah. She is such an incredibly beautiful little munchkin Lus and I am sure that she is going to bring you all such joy and happiness
Congrats to you and Brett
Love hugs and kisses being sent your way
Leanne xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

****CONGRATULAIONS****!!!!!
Lusi, Brett and to big sister and brothers..
WELCOME dear little Zippy we will meet soon..
Prasie God!! He new your hearts desire and the what if scenario~ he KNOWS all things!
I read all that you have shared and i had tears rolling down my face, Gods greatness has NO boundries!
From my family to yours we ask God to continue to shine in all your lives..
Zippy is just beautiful guys!

OXOXOXOXOXOX
Aunty Kerrie

Anonymous said...

Dear Lusi.. '

Honey I am all teary here reading your beautiful story! Praise God for his provisions and allowing your beautiful girl to arrive safe and sound!
Much Love
Ally
xx

Michelle B said...

Oh Lusi!! Praise God for the precious gift of Zippi and her safe "zippy" birth! I absolutely got goosebumps reading the story of her entry to the world. Enjoy your new family and welcome welcome Zipporah!

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

congratulations, I have been reading your blog for a few months now , such lovely news! I also have 2 boys and 2 girls and it;s great!
from Leah

Gayle said...

Oh wow...what an awesome birth story! Thank you for sharing it with us Lusi. She is absolutely gorgeous!

Julie-Anne said...

I had a burden to pray this past week for your birth... I asked for a "gentle" birth and was so excited when I read the midwife commented that it was a quiet birth :) God is so faithful. Welcome Ziporrah!

Love,

Julie-Anne

Carolina said...

Oh Lusi, I am in tears here reading your post and I'm just so over the moon for you right now! There's nothing like being in the arms of your heavenly father in times like these. She is just beautiful and so very precious. Bless you and all your family :)

Mell Mallin said...

Cluck cluck cluck!

Beautiful story and a little tear welled in my eye when I saw the photo of Brett looking out the window and the view... that was MY room when I had Ella!

It's already been said by me and many others, but CONGRATS!

Kisses!

Cherie said...

What a beautiful beautiful birth story Lusi, I have tears in my eyes, I am so glad it all went so well for you.

Take care of yourself and your new little princess Zippi.

Love to you all
Cherie xx

Diane said...

Congratulations!
God bless you all.

jess said...

What a beautiful birth lusi!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Zippi is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
We are so so happy for you!!
You look fantastic too by the way!!
xxx Jess, Matt and Liberty

Christine said...

she's truely delighful :)what a marvelous blessing from Yahweh!

Jodi said...

Congratulations Lusi & Brett. Your little princess is just so adorable! Praise God!! Thank you for sharing your awesome journey. May God bless you as a new chapter begins in your life.

Happy Birthday Zipporah! May God richly Bless you as you grow. May you grow to be a truely inspirational woman of God just like your mother.

Much love, Jodi xox

Anthea said...

Oh Lusi, such a beautiful story. I am so happy to hear she arrived safe and sound, and she is gorgeous!!

Belinda Venables said...

A big congratulations to you and your beautiful family Lus. Zipporah is just adorable. So so precious.
xx

Belinda Venables said...

A big congratulations to you and your beautiful family Lus. Zipporah is just adorable. So so precious.
xx

Brigitte G. said...

Heyy Beaudiful Lusi!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND BRETT AND FAMILLY for your beautiful gorgeous precious ZIPPORAH !! With a nickname like this, looks like you're going to have soo much fun with her :)

Went yesterday at hospital to c you and...to be told you were already back home :( (my kids were sooo disappointed !! and then you were asleepwhen i called in... not meant to happen... you really needed some rest. Hope we'll meet your little princess soon :)
All the best and look after you and your little one :)

ps: your Mum is sooo gorgeous by the way :)

Rebecca Vavic said...

Beautiful Lusi...SHE IS ADORABLE !!!! How cute is Stass and the boys??? Oh my...tears of joy for you and your wonderful family.

Lots of love and hugs
Bxo

Anonymous said...

unreal Lus! you guys are an amazing family!
She is so precious and what an awesome name! (Like all your kids names!)
Enjoy these next few special weeks together!
xx Pete and Nomes

Sumara said...

Oh Lus, I am a sobbing mess. What beautiful photos, all of them. I love the mention of the sunrise, and the gorgeous photo.

You have been so blessed with all of your births.

Love and cuddles to you all... talk to you again soon darling.

singing mama said...

Hey lovely Lusi,

Zippi is just the cutest thing!! And how amazing is your birth story and how God took care of you all!! wow!

Sending love to you and praying for you all, hope the day 3 blues were ok!!

Luv Donna

Anthea said...

Congratulations to you all...Zippi is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lusi, Congratulations. Zippi is so precious and beautiful.

Nadia

Marie said...

congratulations to the whole family, the smiles on your faces are priceless.
welcome to the world Zipporah your in great hands.

love marie matt and the 3 kids

Anonymous said...

Oh Lus, Im in tears...those photos of your family and the kids cuddling with her are just sooo precious.

I cant wait to have a cuddle myself. Enjoy your precious time with Brett and Zippi while the kids are off having fun.

much love to you all

Kaz :)

Chris Millar said...

Hi Lusi, just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your beautiful baby girl.

Mel said...

What a perfect story!! You all look so happy & Zippi is just gorgeous!!
Will catch up very soon
all my love
xxx

Siany said...

Congratulations to all the Austin family! What a beautiful little girl youve brought into this world!! She is gorgeous!!

I cant wait to meet her :)
Glad to hear you are all happy and healthy.
xx Siany

Shazz said...

congrats to you, brett and the family on the safe arrival of your precious baby girl lusi.
my sister had a baby girl the day before and my niece is due to have her first baby any day now (making me a great aunt) so i am feeling very blessed to have so many family and friends delivering all these beautiful blessings into my life at the moment.
may your sweet miss Zippi bring love, happiness and sunshine to you family xoxo

Sharmaine said...

Congrats Again Lusi. She is just amazing and beautiful.
Hugs to you 6 from us 6 :)

Melanie B said...

Hey Lus I cried reading your post. God is so faithful & good isn't he.
She is absolutely perfect & beautiful. Congrats to your lovely family. I know she will bring amazing blessings to your family.
God Bless.
Mel xx

bethjarrett.com said...

Congratulation Lusi & Brett. I am so excited for you! Such a beautiful story. Take care.

Tanya said...

Congratulations Lusi!!! What a beautiful and amazing birth story!

Victoria said...

Congrats Lusi and family...Zipporah is a beautiful name. Love Victoria

Anonymous said...

Lusi, Brett, and family, congratulations on your beutiful new addition. love
Marion

Tiff Sawyer said...

Hey Lus, so happy for you, Zippi, love that name, just gorgeous, loved reading your story and love the photos of you all together, such a loving family, all the best, love always, Tiff :o)

Mel Makes Pretty said...

Lusi,
I am so happy for you, Brett and the kids. God is Awesome! I absolutely love the pictures of the family with little Zippi, She is gorgeous. My best wishes to you and we will continue to pray for your beautiful family,
Bless,
Mel

LIly'sMummy said...

Congratulations Lusi!
What a beautiful name you have chosen for a beautiful new little princess!

Scrapsister said...

Oh my...what a divine little princess indeed. Big congratulations to you all on a smooth and blessed birth of little Zipporah...awesome!

Belinda said...

so happy to find your blog agiana nd congrats on your precious gift

xxxxxx

Sarz said...

Hi Lus!

CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful babe... what a blessing!

I don't know if Brett told you but we were up in the mountains on the wkd and as we were driving by we saw Brett by the side of the road. At Katoomba shops. We waved and smiled and I was thinking of you that wkd... wondering if you'd had the baby.

Wish we had the time to come visit you. Hope you are all doing wonderfully!

love Little Sar xox.

Sarah said...

Congratulations to you all on the arrival of your beautiful daughter - she's just gorgeous Lusi!!

love Sarah. (jakey)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Austin family and a very BIG welcome to Zipporah (Zippy)... she is just beautiful..praise God for her very safe (and welcome) arrival... hugs and love to all of you... Lou xxxxxx

Petrina McDonald said...

Congratulations and God bless you Lusi and Brett and your wonderful family. What a precious little bundle you have there in Zipporah. I love her name. Thank you for sharing your story and all the wonderful photos.

Sal :-) said...

Just so Precious Lus!! :-D

What a beautiful entry into the world and just full of sooo many blessings!!

God is just so awesome :-D

P.S. Had a little chuckle at the post on the 13th saying "will miss you tomorrow mate" thanks to Zippi he was home again ;-)

Nicole said...

congrats Lus, beautiful, precious adorable baby girl.

Incredible birth story, Dea too came out with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. Lucky that we were at the hospital too.

Much much much love to you

Nic

xx

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby girl. I was in tears reading your post about your birth - so glad it all worked out for you!

Melissa Kennedy said...

Congratulations Lusi
so glad everything went well for you with the birth.
Enjoy every little minute - they grow up so fast...
Lis

Ann Lederhose said...

Lusi, congratulations to you Brett and the kids. She's a gorgeous little poppet and your story has brought a tear to my eye. A job well done I'd say. Enjoy every precious moment with her!

emfalconbridge said...

ohh lus, what a sweet family you make! congratulations on your beautiful new girl...loved catching up here :) bless!

Kath said...

Oh so awesome to read this. Love reading how God works. You are such a great testimony. Our baby girl had the cord wrapped around her neck twice tightly as well - so thankful for how the Lord guides the doctor and midwives and gives them the wisdom how to respind in the situation. Praise God for Zippi's safe birth.
Kath x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin