Friday, April 10, 2009

A Family Guide to Biblical Holidays

We are looking at buying this book by ROBIN SAMPSON which is called 'A Family Guide to the Biblical Holidays'. It's over 600 pages full of info, activity suggestions & Messianic significance!
You can view part of it in a free preview in pdf form: HERE. I began reading from about page 6 onwards and was really encouraged by what I read. Again, I post it to share in case there is anyone else out there who would like to know more about the Biblical Feasts :)
Hope you have a lovely day today :)


5 things I am thankful to the Lord of all for today:

1. Getting a lovely surprise phonecall from Anth in Wales last night! It was lovely beyond words to hear your voice my special friend. Love you x

2. Safety over our family

3. Resting

4. Psalm 118 verses 19-21
"Open for me the gates of righteousness; I will enter and give thanks to the LORD.
This is the gate of the LORD through which the righteous may enter.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation".

5. That despite the turmoil now unfolding in Fiji, my heartland, that Lord you are the King and that even if the mountains fall into the heart of the sea that we have nothing to fear (psalm 46).


With love,


2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Lus,
I bought this book 3 years ago and have found it very handy...however 'beware of the leaven of the pharisee' (Matt 16:6 )...there are many suggestions as to how to keep the feasts that come from extra-biblical rabbinic customs, that is to say that they are the traditions of men and not found in the Bible. It's not a danger as long as it's recognised that there is a difference, yet the book tends to treat these traditions as inspired. Not that I'm saying this is you guys, but many well meaning christians are jumping from one set of pagan traditions in the church to another set in Judaism.It almost happened to me as a result of reading this book! It's important to be a Berean (Acts 17:11) and check everything against the Word :)

You are in my thoughts and prayers...it's so lovely to see you all learning about our God through his set apart days :)

Much love in our Risen Lord and Saviour,

Christine

Karen Day said...

thanks for the link lusi :)

by the way - passover went fabulously! :) brianna really enjoyed doing something different and has learnt SO much about the story of moses that she now still wants to watch the movie heaps and read the special moses book i bought her.

thanks for your advice :)

luvs,
xxx K

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin