Thursday, April 9, 2009

Backyard Antics....

When I was a little girl, so much of my childhood was lived out in my backyard. My dad, an amazing gardener, spent alot of time in the yard and as 'daddy's little girl', I just loved being where he was. I think our kids are the same. Brett spends alot of time out the back doing jobs, shooting hoops and gardening when he can and the kids love being out the back with him (and on their own too). I love watching them take blankets outside and set up a picnic or cubby house underneath the trampoline in the shade, or when they are riding their bikes around on the pavers and you can hear them saying, 'just pretend we are brothers and sister and....' I always hear that and giggle!!!

We had a mate come and chop some wood not long ago to take away for their fireplace but the kids loved being out there helping to box up leaves, etc...


trying on the ear muffs when Heiko wasn't using the chainsaw!


On a hot afternoon not long ago, Brett turned the hose on the kids (our local pool which we have a pass for has had an outbreak of Cryptosporidium, so we are NOT going there again for a while!) Anyway, they had so much fun trying to *run away* from daddy and the hose! It wasn't on for very long but long enough to get nice and cool...


We bought the kids a tennis thingo that you put in the ground (that of course is the technical name) but I think Brett loves it more...

After watching a doco on bushfires a week or so ago, the boys decided to make a 'safe' campfire in the backyard (without the fire of course!) I just thought it was so cute :)

And this is what is growing in the vegie patch which we have given ZERO attention to! This is what's appearing despite us doing nothing! ...
Brett added some stakes for the tomatoes and a climbing frame for something else in there (again using very technical terms here can you tell I do not have a green spot in me let alone a green thumb?!?)


Passover photos to follow :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Love the action shot of the kids playing in the water... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin