Monday, March 30, 2009

Some o f the past week in pictures....

Yes I can.
...balance a bowl of soup of my tummy that is.... :)

we went to the library last week and borrowed some books of works by Vincent Van Gough. In the afternoon, the kids sketched their interpretations of his work onto a canvas...


Here is Liji's which was his version of one of Vincent's self portraits....



The next day we set up outside for 2.5 hours of painting. You can see the books set up on plate stands on the table so they could go and check out colours etc. In the end though, the kids all ended up painting bold colours over the top of their sketches as they began experimenting with colours and textures. We had worship music on and just really enjoyed our creative morning together...



My little artists....





And of course, creating wasn't restricted to canvasses...



This is 'rainbow land' by Stassi...


Stass loves Math-U-See and is almost finished her 'Primer'. The 'Alpha' pack came this week in the mail along with Liji's Primer which he is soooooooooooo excited about!!!


I discovered what to put into my cupcake holder when there are no cupcakes around! ....


Cubby building in the loungeroom/bedroom/backroom happens here almost every afternoon at the moment...


Playing with sawdust, sticks as swords and leaves after a tree was chopped down and Heiko came around to take it for firewood...


Oh my godness so proud of Stass who threaded up the bobbin, the machine and then sewed hems on almost all the Passover costumes. She loves sewing and was so thrilled with how they turned out!


Here's my 37 week tummy shot....
I like this one but its a bit dark i think...

When the kids are getting a little full on together, we put the timer on for like 25 minutes (or more if necessary) and they know they are not in for timeout but for what we all call 'seperate play time'. Well this was Ethi today during 'seperate play time'! Asleep as he clutched his fave book right now...

In the meantime, Liji peeled a whole sweet potato for me, helped Brett cook the bbq and Stass finished her first chapter book. And speaking of books, here are the handwriting books I ordered last week from LEM. Thanks everyone for the advice about these. They are just what we were looking for!









5 things I am thankful for today:


1. God's Word; living and active sharper than any double edged sword

2. Brett taking the kids to the footy grounds for a big run around and lots of games

3. Clothes for bubby from Michelle

4. Dinner last night with the Blackers :)

5. A lovely family dinner together


Love and blessings,

Lus x

9 comments:

Tara said...

Go the tummy stable table... :)

Their artwork is fantastic and they look just so pleased!

Well done Stass! That is so fantastic. i think I've only used my sewing machine for paper... :S

I really really like the idea of seperate play time. How far apart do they play?

lusi said...

Hi Tara :)
There are usually three separate areas they play in which are not near each other; so one child in the bedroom, one child in the playroom and one child in the backroom/kitchen table or in the learning room on the sofa.
They have all learnt the rule that they are not to come out of that zone or area until the timer goes off and it has really saved my sanity! They like reading or building mostly during this time (or sleeping in Ethi's case!!!)
Love to you and we will get our chat in mate!
Lus x

Anonymous said...

Love sharing this pregnancy with you [esp. as Idon't have to deliver lol]. Jess and I sorted through baby stuff today, and I finally sewed the flannelette wraps. [thanks for the inspiration Stass!] Rest up Gorgeous, as you'll need some energy for the coming weeks. Love GG

Jasmine said...

You are full of great ideas Lus!
I love the separate playtime - that's something I really need to try here. I think it would really help.
I LOVE the apples in the cupcake stand - awesome!!!
The kids paintings are all fantastic. I especially love Liji's - he's put so much detail into it.
Go Stassi on the sewing machine! :) I started sewing (& knitting, crochet etc etc) at about her age and I still love it. I hope that it's something Stassi enjoys for a long time, just like I do. I can't wait to get back into sewing, my machine usually gets used for paper these days or the odd pair of jeans I need to hem (the joys of being short lol)
You're looking gorgeous. That photo of you balancing the soup cracks me up ;)

Love Jas xx

miss~nance said...

Way to go Stassi - one clever girl there - just like her mumma.

Love the pic of you with the bowl of soup on your lap, made me grin. I with you on the dark pic of you, I like it too.

How cute is Ethi asleep. Lov ethe use of your cupcake tree, mine often has lemons in it, apples are a much nicer idea.

Hugs & blessings

Gail

Anonymous said...

Good to read some family news. Ligi's drawing is really great. Wow.

Thinking of you heaps these days.

BIG HUG

welsh-anth x

Stace said...

Hi Lusi !!
{you may not reconise me as I have a new blog and needed a new email account. Its Stace, have been on your blog to comment a few times {from MY Family, Friends, Cooking, Ramblings and just Stuff! x}

I loved your post, I have ONE question... {I have been on and off the computer lately over the last month as I have been spending more time with my Family} .. BUT - HOW DID YOU GET TO BE 37 weeks ALREADY!!!! Oh my gosh!!! You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to hear the news of the new arrival soon xxx

lusi said...

Lol Stace!!! That was a post from 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Zippi!!! I'm only 21 weeks mate with our little man now. I was only thinking of you recently! Hope u r well Stace! Love lus x

Stace said...

Ohhhh what a GOOSE I am !!!! I cant believe it, I just logged on to read your latest posts.... And there you are at 22 weeks !!! *embarrassed* I obviously clicked on a link or something...... LOL!!! WHOOPS!!!!
Oh well... There's a giggle for ya!! ;) hahahaha
Im doing alright thanks!!! I have a new blog if you are interested in checking it out - http://life-withmyboys.blogspot.com/ . I make a point to not go on too often so i can spend more time with my boys... who are growing up WAY TOO FAST mind you!! ;)
Hope you are all keeping well xxx Much Love xxxxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin