Friday, March 6, 2009

The Kingdom...

This is track number 2 at the moment on my little player over >>>> there.
Here are the lyrics and the track is by Bethany Dillon.
I love how raw and real her lyrics are.
Especially in this song.

Waking UpThe Kingdom
It tapped me on the shoulder
today when I got home
I saw everything collecting dustIt made me hope there was something more
I pour over pages, desperate to find out why
The cripple at your table has what
I'm longing to find

Teach me how to hum it
Because I don't know the words yet

Help me see the light
I'm reaching through the fight
Yahweh, show me the Kingdom
Arms open wide
Death swallowed up by life
Yahweh, show me the Kingdom

Why are some women barren
While the wicked's house is full
The stories never seem to end
Give me evidence I'm not alone
You said the weak would be lifted up
But maybe just not yet
So while I wait in this flesh and blood
I'll learn to lean in

Help me see the light
I'm reaching through the fight
Yahweh, show me the Kingdom
Arms open wide
Death swallowed up by life
Yahweh, show me the Kingdom

5 things I am so thankful for right now...

1. Donna, thank you for such a lovely time yesterday mate! It really was beautiful spending time with you and the girls :) Looking forward to doing it again soon!

2. Israeli dancing was great - stassi (and my) first time yesterday and both of us really loved it :)

3. Chatting with Aunty Kerrie last night - oh you are beautiful Aunty Kerrie and I'm so blessed always by our conversations - salted with reality, encouragement and love. Thank you so much for calling :)

4. Making a cushion cover last night :)

5. Brett getting home safely from basketball training last night with his teeth still there! lol :)

Stassi this morning to the family:
S: Why is playschool dangerous?
Us: Why?
S: Cause there's a bear in there!
Us: [laughter]
S: yeah, it says it in my jokebook!

So sweet :)

Have a lovely weekend all :)

Lus x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lus

Hope you loved the sunshine today as much as we all did. I waited for your song to come on but it didnt. The whole playlist didnt. Might be my computer but it did say 'done' so there was nothing left to upload. Thought i better mention it.

Kaz :)

Pete said...

hey Lusi

r u still on facebook? The kids have been watching the kids series with your sister in it. They love it. Hope u r doing well. Pete

Pete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
singing mama said...

Hi Lusi,
You know I love Bethany Dillon, she is one of my fav's but I've never really listened to the words of that song. Interesting!!

Hope your weekend went well

Luv Donna

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I got it this time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Kaz :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin