Sunday, February 8, 2009

Australia's Darkest Day...

Is what it's being called today. As i sat and watched the news this morning and heard that the death toll had risen to 108, I just couldn't believe it. I heard that whole families have been found dead in their cars; burned alive in Australia's worst ever bush fires. I can't begin to imagine how chaotic and terrible it must have been for those people; chaotic and terrible aren't descriptive enough words I'm sure. Home after home just gone. Homelessness now there abounding. Many people still in hospital with severe burns.
I can't get my head around the fact that some of these fires are said to have been deliberately lit.

I
can
not
understand
that
at
all.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the Lord for these communities.
Lus x

6 comments:

Rebecca Vavic said...

It's just so awful hey Lusi.
Shocking.
I am holding my babies very close today.
Hugs
Bxo

Karen L said...

Ah Lusi, I cannot beleive it either. My heart is breaking for those families affected and I am praying for them also.

Anonymous said...

The smoke has been like fog here, very unpleasant, but insignificant compared with the toll. We are safe, but are keeping intune with the updates. Gail O.

Marie said...

It's so sad, I Have cried every news update, You know that i don't pray but i couldn't stop myself the last few days for the people. I hope it works.

Marie said...

It's so sad, I Have cried every news update, You know that i don't pray but i couldn't stop myself the last few days for the people. I hope it works.

lusi said...

Gail I'm so glad you are ok. I kept checking for an update. Am so glad to be in contact mate. Sending my love to you.

Marie - I truly believe God has heard our prayers mate. It is so heartbreaking. My love to you.
Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin