Tuesday, December 16, 2008
'Safe' Tex Mex Potatoes
On the weekend we made some Tex Mex potatoes and kind of appropriated the recipe which we originally found in Sue Dengate's Failsafe Recipe book. Of course it has to be chemical free (or at least the safer ones) lactose free and mostly low salicylate. Only Liji is lactose free so he had a soy yoghurt topping on his while the other kids had grated cheese.
1. Bake some potatoes in the oven
2. Scoop out some of the middle of the potatoes to create a little cave for the topping to rest in. Keep potato filling to munch on later!
3. Fry up some leek, spring onion, 3 bean mix (washed and drained first), garlic in a frying pan
4. Scoop the mix into the potatoes
5. Get your helpful 6 year old to grate a whole heap of cheese (on ya Stass!!!!) lol :) and top mix off with grated cheese or safe alternative yoghurt
6. Fry up some omlette and let it rest on top of the potatoes like a little lid which will also melt the cheese nicely underneath it!
7. Just on mine i add some tabasco sauce - yummo!
8. Enjoy :)