Wednesday, December 17, 2008

17.12.08 Yesterday's activities



Yesterday when the kids were doing morning chores, I asked Liji to take some things to the recycling bin. It was full to the brim so he asked if he could have them to set up a 'junk yard' and make up a story about them. This is another miraculous turn around that we see in him because he was not able to initiate and engage in imaginary play before. Praise you Lord!
So Liji took a turn at setting up a story and practiced it first with Stass. Then they called me in to watch and dictate the story. Then he reset it, i read the dicated story and photographed each of the scenes. Today we are making a little booklet out of the photos and text. Stassi made a different story up and we did the same thing with hers. Ethi didn't want to make his own story but helped the kids out in theirs when he had finished a little tantrum or two! He had said that he wants to set up his story today.

Stassi vacuumed her room all by herself for the first time and did a great job! She was so excited to be entrusted with a new responsibility like that!


We also went to the library yesterday and borrowed 10 books. The kids are taking part in the Summer Read-a-thon which they are excited about and it includes books that are read to them as well.

We read another chapter of Heidi - we are up to Heidi being taken from grandfather to Frankfurt.

Our current memory verse is Philippians 4:4-9. We have started the Charlotte Mason Scripture Memory System.

We are reading through Matthew at the moment and finished chapter 5 yesterday morning.

The boys got new booster seats yesterday which are harnessed/bolted to the floor. They are great and the boys love them!

I made a yummy chicken stew for dinner and a failsafe organic carob powder cake but again the icing didn't work fabulously. I'm sure its the Nuttelex/lactose free milk combo but we will get it right! lol :)

The kids enjoyed watching Charlotte's Web in the late afternoon while Brett moved chairs into the church.

That was pretty much our day together.
L x

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Zarna said...

Tip Re Icing:

Just use a tiny bit of water and nuttelex with the icing sugar...

I had milk allergies growing up and we used to have nuttelex instead of margarine and that was how mum used to make icing. It won't be as thick but it used to taste good anyway, Hope that helps you out :D

Chrissy said...

Heya there gorgeous! Sounds like you are very definitely on the right path with your homeschooling ideas already, I can hear it in every word I read. :)
Praying that you are allowed to labour in the place of your choice, either way hon you are being cared for by the very best. ;)
Love to you sweetie
Chrissy x

Tiffiny Lee said...

Hey Lus, hope all is well and that your are feeling good and all excited about Christmas? Just had to tell you that I received a parcel of scrapping goodies yesterday and was super excited to see your name as designer on the Totally Too Tweet birdies that I ordered, I had no clue, what a kick when I saw your name. I will be so glad to have a part of you in one of my albums. I have finally also readded your new site to my favs so I can keep in touch at the touch with one click of the mouse. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas filled with love and laughter, till next time, Tiff :o)

Tiffiny Lee said...

Please excuse my extra few words above, should have edited before I posted LOL!!! I must also ask you one day about home schooling as I am very interested xx.

Leanne said...

Glad to hear things are working out well for you with your growing family!! Also wanted to wish you a very joyous and wonderful Christmas to you and your family. All the best, Lusi.

merryheart2 said...

hi Lusi
i'm so glad that Liji is making such great progress.
i wanted to say merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.
Sandra

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin