Saturday, July 14, 2012

Growing Up

This gorgeous little girl.
Excited as.
Her first party that only *she* was invited to.
Party skirt on.
Bouquet of flowers she'd picked herself to give to 'G' the birthday girl.
She chatted non stop as we walked to the party.
She was so excited!
I wanted to just inhale the joy she was exuding.
She took it all in her stride; first ever game of pass the parcel, watching others open presents, doing craft together.
I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
No meltdowns.
No misunderstandings.
No tears.
Just a heart full of happy.
She had attended her first birthday party and she loved it!
And she was so joyful.
And so was I as I watched her.
And held her hand.

12 comments:

Carolyn :-) said...

oh Lusi that post just brought tears to my eyes!! So happy for Zippi :-) She also looked lovely at today's party with her colourful skirt and butterfly face, wish I had've been able to chat to you more but my 2 year old monkey keeps me on my toes lol

singing mama said...

Beautiful post Lusi!! And beautiful pippi girl!!!

Renelle said...

That's beautiful. Isn't that pureness intoxicating.

Chrissy said...

Awww, makes my heart smile to read that Lus. <3 How beautiful. :)

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

what a sweetie

Michelle @This is not what I signed up for said...

Love this!! Lover her. Love you!!!! xxx

lusi said...

No no! I TOTALLY understood Carolyn and it was just lovely to have a quick chat and hug! Was lovely seeing you guys again x oh and thanks for your comment about zip x

lusi said...

Thanks love you x

lusi said...

Totally intoxicating Renelle!!! My SIL recently said that she'd love to 'inhale' zippi!!! Lol!!!
How are you going? Have thought of you often recently x

lusi said...

Mine too Chrissy! Thanks beautiful x

lusi said...

Thanks Leah! Hey how is your new journey going?! Love and hugs x

lusi said...

Ditto ditto ditto my friend! Xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin