Sunday, June 3, 2012

Update on the House Reno

Brett and his dad were out at the house again for another week (last week in May).
They took out the bricks that we'd been kindly given by our neighbour's and their son (thanks Mc'C's!!!) and then Brett went and picked up another 200 out there.
They used the laser level (thanks so much for suggesting that Dan!!!) and got the piers all to the correct height in two days.
Then they laid the ant capping and steel all in one day!!!!!
I'M SO EXCITED!
It's actually starting to look like a re-build now!



So all the steel (replacing the timber joists and bearers) is all up now in the 2 big bedrooms, loungeroom, learning room and the hallway.
Brett and his dad have worked SO HARD and I am so thankful for and proud of them both.

Meanwhile back here, Brett's amazing sis, kind mum and my incredible next door neighbour all leant helping hands this week to help out. I had to have an echocardiogram for a heart murmur that had been picked up (all fine!) and had Zeeki with a fever for some of the time. He's looking better today but it's always worrying when a bubby has a fever! We also attended a homeschool social group park meet and on Friday went to a morning tea/play for families with siblings of autistic children. Was an encouraging time.
So lots happening out at the house and always lots happening at the end too!
More catching up to follow!
Lus x

3 comments:

Sumara said...

I can't see any pics, love.

Sounds like good progress!

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

Love all the updates! Hope you are all well

lusi said...

Thanks Sumi for letting me know. I think i've fixed it now?!
Love you x

Hi Leah! How are you going? I think of you often. Sending my love x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin