Friday, May 18, 2012

House Progress

While I've been flying solo this week, Brett and his dad were staying out at the new house.
They put up some of the piers!
Yay!
Progress!
It's slowly (and when I say slowly I mean ssssllllooooowwwlllyyy!) coming along but we are being taught alot about patience during this!

Yah has been very good to me, sending lots of helping hands and hearts my way while Brett has been gone. My kind MIL, gorgeous SIL, beautiful next door neighbour and lovely mate Mell have all leant a helping hand around here this week and I am very grateful for that. Others have offered and that also means the world.

We had a couple of really hard times during some of the days (some quite aggressive outbursts) which has seen us pray and trial new ideas about how to best help our charges to learn to deal with their emotions.

We went to playgroup, a homeschooling park meet, we painted, read stories, cooked hot meals, washed, re-located my sewing table and sorted through and cleaned out the entire garage.

I've been thinking that I'm going to look back on this year and have very mixed emotions I think.
We've so far been stretched far beyond my imagination in so many different areas of our life and yet in the midst of it all, I still feel so comforted by the presence of my God even in our darkest times.
I am so thankful for the relationship I have with him; one that is not unlike many of those men and women who have gone before me. See they were terribly flawed (like me!) yet they trusted in Yah.
I read their stories in the pages of my sacred text, the Bible, and I read of their ups and downs; their sins and triumphant victories. I read of the hope that they too had in the One who made them, the One who is and was and will be. I am thankful for the reality of my faith during the joyful and trying times in my life.

Anyway, this is just a quick little post to update on the house and a little of our life.

 
 
Lus x

3 comments:

Andi said...

WOW...
I was thinking about your home progress and well your goings ons! Have a blessed Shabbat!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the house Lusi! I bet it is trying on your patience. Hang in there. I love visiting your blog and seeing all you've been up to. What an inspiration you guys all are.

Lisa xx

lusi said...

Thanks so much Andi and Lisa! We'll get there :-) Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Love to you both x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin