Friday, July 15, 2011

Shabbat Shalom Family!

Today I'm putting my birthing music together into a file; songs that I hope to have playing during my labour.

The songs are by various artists;
ZEMER LEVAV, ANDREW HODKINSON, 'PSALM 23' BY TEMPLE & BRETT, 'HOW LOVELY' BY GREG SILVERMAN, MASON CLOVER, 'LEAVE IT IN THE VALLEY' BY MANDISA, and quite a few of my own songs that have been recorded by my fab mates Heiko and Lori.

One of my songs that I recorded is from Psalm 143:6-11 and I thought I'd share the words here. I probably have before but I've been singing it over and over again this morning and thought I would post it here too!

"I spread out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land.
 Answer me quickly, Oh Yah;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word
of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, Oh Yah,
    I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
 For your name’s sake, Oh Yah, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble".

Then next part of the song are lines from Psalm 142 and says:

"When my spirit grows faint within me,
It is you who knows my way
You are my refuge
Set me free from my prison
that I may praise your Name"

I SO look forward to Shabbat because it is my set-aside day where I can remind myself that He is indeed my Refuge!

Regardless of what has happened in our week that has just gone, we can take a day to
stop, reflect, rest and be restored!

My loving encouragement to you is that if you, like the Psalmist felt, are caught in what seems like a prison,
if you feel like your spirit has grown faint within you,
if you feel like you are in  parched land...

Call out to Him!

Rest in Him!

Open the Word and allow Him to reveal His treasures to you!

That you may be able to praise the mighty name of Yehovah.

All my love to you,
Linking up with THIS LINKY WITH CARMEN AND PAMELA :)

6 comments:

Mommy Set Free said...

Amen and Amen! Shabbat Shalom

Sigalit Chana said...

Hallelu Yah! Sweet Sabbath Blessings =)

lusi said...

And to you Siaglit and Pamela!
Much love,
Lus x

Carmen Bruno said...

i so look forward to Shabbat too Lusi!

Peterson Party said...

How was your baby shower? Will you be sharing pictures?

lusi said...

Hope you had a lovely weekend Carmen and Cara thanks for asking - have posted photos just now.
Much love,
Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin