Monday, October 11, 2010

Ok so yes this is my 5th post of the day... lol :)

Some days I feel I have nothing to share and other days....hmmm well quite a few things! Today is obviously one of those days! lol :)

So I am making THIS YUMMY RECIPE TONIGHT  for dinner...





Pumpkin soup
Photography by Ben Dearnley

Ingredients (serves 6)

2 tbs olive oil

1 onion, finely chopped

1 leek, white part only, finely sliced (I used 3 from our garden!!!)

1 garlic clove, crushed

1/2 tsp ground coriander (I used fresh corriander)

1 tsp ground cumin (omit this, the corriander and the nutmeg for a lower salicylate meal)

1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

1kg peeled pumpkin, diced (I used a bit more)

1 large potato, peeled, diced (I used about 6)

1L chicken or vegetable stock

1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream (I'm omitting this one)

Method
Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.

Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired.

Salicylate Note: Butternut pumpkin is moderate in salicylates so we use that and we use white potatoes too :)
Yummy :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin