Wednesday, July 7, 2010

today...

today...
* i nursed another sick kid...well a kid that was now sick that was well before. fevers. weak body. poor darling.
* i had a long bath.
* i am really deep in thought about stuff...nothing major at times + then life changing things next.
* the baby doesn't want to sleep this arv.
* i danced like a goose around the house with 2 kids cracking up.
* i lit some candles + thought about the beautiful One who laid down His life for mine.
* i built a block tower with my almost 15 month old + taught her how to knock it over
* i was touched by a friend.
* i was worried about the baby's cough.
* i had a chat with Abs + felt encouraged.
* had a bbq for lunch.
* i shed some tears.
* i stumbled across an old friend's blog + was touched deeply.
* i am missing my Anth.
* i tried to help Brett with a little job on the car fixing a busted headlight.
* i have a scratchy throat.
* i felt like i had a bad case of 3.30-itis.

some may read this list and think....who cares?

the answer is HE does. Yahweh, my God + Maker, does.

it's just another ordinary day in  my life filled with ups and downs.

BUT He sees the sad + hard bits, the joys + smooth times.
Yes.
He sees it all.

He knows my insecurities.
He knows how to humble me when I feel like I have it all together and come way to close to forgetting Him.
He knows how to strengthen me when i feel so weak + want to collapse + wish I could start all over.
He knows how to forgive me when I sin + miss the mark, His mark.
He knows how to wipe away my tears + cleanse me.
He knows how to encourage my heart + help me to move on.
He sees the job I am doing.

i am living a flawed life filled with hope + peace, fears + sadness.
a flawed life scarred by an imperfect past yet living with the promise of complete perfection to come.

i may not ever have an 'amazing' story to tell but i can tell you this one thing that I am living....

every day I am running a race to live for God.
to shine His glory.
to commune with Him.
to learn from Him.
to become more like Him.

i do that as i live in the moment that He has given me to live.
i live FOR Him and WITH Him through the circumstances that make up my life.

this is all part of a story that He is writing.
I am part of this story.
I am part of HIStory.

And He is changing me as I live for Him.
And that is a beautiful thing.
Painful at times but beautiful too.
He always brings beauty from ashes.

It's all about Him.
Him + Me as we travel together through this amazing journey of life He has given me.

today as i felt the weight of my tiredness + achy-ness + wiped a runny nose for the 10th time + administered nurofen, I was reminded that this is all part of my WORSHIP to Him. He sees it all. And I feel thankful that I get to love live this life. I am thankful for the family I have with me, right here, right now.

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature + complete, not lacking anything"
- James 1:2+3

today:

* I am pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:13)
Yep. Through it all, whatever the season, whatever the circumstance. I am pressing on. I am His work in progress. And I know He is with me.




(he is with me by Mandisa)

5 things I am thankful for today:

1. His Presence.
2. Big candles.
3. A lovely phone call today.
4. Lunch together.
5. Changes.

Love Lus x

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Thats a great song..never heard it before.
Praying for you Lus.

lusi said...

Thanks for your prayers G! God really ministers His tenderness and care through this song. Love to you! X

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin