Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Eve


We had a lovely time with some of our mother's group families and other friends who popped in for a lovely bbq in the late afternoon. Phil and Christie stayed into the evening and once they left around 10pm, Brett and i stayed up and chatted and nodded off just after midnight. I love fireworks as much as the next person but i still can't come at 5 million for a half hour display (if that) when there are people starving in our city and communities. Just my thing but there you go.
Anyway, we had a lovely time and thank God for all that has happened before us and all the will happen in the coming year knowing that our lives are completely entrusted into His care.
Happy New Year!
Lus x

2 comments:

Diane said...

"I love fireworks as much as the next person but i still can't come at 5 million for a half hour display (if that) when there are people starving in our city and communities"
My sentiments too.
God bless you in the new year.
:D

miss~nance said...

I'm with you on the fireworks and teh cost(have always been scared of them up close). I also can't see how good for the environment they would be.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin