Thursday, September 13, 2012

So Feast of Trumpets is right around the corner (yay!!!) and we are gearing up for a great celebration!
The kids have made the trumpet centrepieces and I've been working on a couple of things myself; one is a little booklet which we'll give to those who come here to celebrate and the other is a song set to the words of Micah 7:18-19 (which we read each year at this appointed time). I want to share them both with you. The song I'll try my best to record (dodgy video mind you!) tomorrow but I'll share the links to the booklet tonight. I had to do two separate links but they all go in the one booklet. You fold them so they just fit into each other (landscape a4 fold). There are Scriptures to read together, a find-a-word I made and a couple of little colouring in pics for the kiddos while the verses are being read out.
 
Ok so the first part can be found: HERE
Second part can be found: HERE  
 
Hope that someone can find these useful :)
 
You can also check back through past posts about how we celebrated this feast in 2010 and 2011 and HERE ALSO.
 
Are you celebrating? Have you got something special planned?
Are you new to the feasts?
Yah will lead you! Leviticus 23 is a great place to start.
Our favourite thing about the feasts is that it is a time to remember, a time to read through the Word together and a time to look ahead to the promises we have in Yah through Yeshua.
 
Love and blessings to one and all,
Lus x

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks Lusi, I think we are new to feasts although we arnt doing them often. I guess we arnt really led or on par completely but that's ok. We love the Lord and that's what we are here for.
I really love reading these kinds of posts, how your family celebrate and the readings that you read. You learn so much from reading the Word and taking it literally!!
This year I am hoping we can pitch a tent in the back yard but I'm not sure it'll happen yet. Not sure what or how we'll do any of it really.
My son Isaiah (6) blew a Yemenite shofar today. Not a lot can manage it so it was extra special and made me want to get one even more!! $160 has to wait. My kids will love making the trumpets you made so thanks for the tutorial and inspiration. We'll see how it all goes!
Blessings to you and yours!! & keep blogging. I still love reading every post.
Amy

lusi said...

Couldn't agree more Amy! Loving Him is first!!! I pray that He'll continue to lead you and inspire your heart as you walk this journey. One of my fave scriptures is Jeremiah 6:16 which says, 'stand at the crossroads and look, ask for the Ancient Paths, ask where the good way is and walk in it and you will find rest for your soul". See for a while there our family hung out at the crossroads. We waited and watched. We began asking God about these 'ancient paths' and as we began walking in them (just as the disciples did!) our faith became more alive, the Word made more sense and we did indeed find rest for our souls. Praying that God meets you wherever you guys are at. Am sending much love across the miles Amy to you and yours x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin