Saturday, July 7, 2012

Weeping with Those who Weep

 As I mentioned in previous posts, we heard of the sad news of Elijah Rainbow's tragic passing on our way back from Fiji.

While the events surrounding that night are still unclear and under investigation, the sad reality remains; this family is now without its beautiful son.

Four little girls remain without their baby brother who they loved to hold, tickle and play games with. This nomadic family will be forever changed because of the events of that fateful day and Lauren's mama heart has to continue to beat despite not having her precious son to nurse, rock or cuddle.

I can not imagine the depth of their grief.

I can not offer any words that will take away their pain.

I can only weep with them as I read LAUREN'S POSTS about her grief and loss.

`The Elijah Rainbow Fisher Fund has been established to help provide things for Lauren and the girls. Please click on that link if you would like to reach out and help this family in a tangible way. $5 will help get the fund to its goal for this family.

In the meantime, we send our love to the Fisher's who are forever changed.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice....weep with those who weep
- Romans 12:15".

Lus x

6 comments:

Nat said...

So so SO heartbreaking. I just cannot believe nor even imagine, although I walk a similar path. However, we never knew our little man and sometimes that's harder, as we missed out on the blessing to get to know him, but I often think it would be harder to let go of a child I had started to get to know. My heart is with Lauren, David and the girls. I can't seem to comment on her blog, but please pass on my love to her, and my details if she needs another mama who's lost a baby to talk to.
Love you honey.

lusi said...

Thank you for sharing your compassionate heart darling. You and Lauren have both been through incredibly heartbreaking situations which I can't imagine going through. Your story, like theirs has touched many.
Love you my Nat x

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

so very sad, i started reading their blog when I saw the link here about 8 months ago, I just could not believe it when i heard. My heart goes out to Lauren, I just cannot fathom the pain of losing a child

lusi said...

Thanks Leah for your words. My heart goes out to her too. X

Lis said...

So heartbreaking for everyone, although i didnt know Lauren and her family they do live near us and that bridge is one we walk over often.
My heart goes out to Lauren and the rest of her family.

lusi said...

Thank you Lis for your sensitive and kind comment.
With love,
Lusi x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin